Options

finally booked my ccent exam Update Passed

hodgey87hodgey87 Member Posts: 232
hi all,

finally plucked up the courage to book my ccent exam, for next tuesday. Ive been working really hard over the last few months to get this exam under my belt.

has anyone got any tips for me before i take the exam. I know im going to be really nervous as this is my first cisco exam.

thanks

Comments

• Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck man. Im sure the hard work will pay off.

make sure you can subnet in around 15 - 20 seconds,get plenty of hands on and make sure you have a good grasp of just about everything because i was hit from all sides. Also re-read the questions and try to elimanate answers before you go for your chosen ones.

Try to stay calm and focused and dont rush too much as you cant go back to questions.

Let the games begin ..... icon_lol.gif
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    belindak36belindak36 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I was really nervous too since it was my first Cisco exam and I only had 90 minutes compared to the 4 hours MS gave me on test. I did fine and I'm sure you will too. Make sure you finish answer all parts of a question before going on because you can't go back. Definately know how to subnet in your head quickly and lots of hands on practice. Good luck.[/code]
  • Options
    dazerskidazerski Member Posts: 106 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck to you! Mine is coming up faster than I want... 9/30 @ 10am. I am so nervous.
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Good luck! Mine is coming up in a couple weeks as well... Lots of us taking it this month!
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Good luck! Mine is coming up in a couple weeks as well... Lots of us taking it this month!

Yay! MCSEs for CCENT '08!

I might take mine next week. I keep getting nervous and pushing it back. First Cisco exam and all... icon_redface.gif

Good luck to the OP!
  • Options
    thanks for all the support guys, i think i know all the material now just hope i dont go blank in the exam :D

good luck to all of you taking the exam soon aswell im sure we will all be fine
  • Options
    VictoriousVictorious Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good luck buddy!! Can't say much other then know how to subnet in 15-20 seconds flat and know your show commands. Use this link for subnetting practice:http://www.subnettingquestions.com/
    Victorious
  • Options
    JavonRJavonR Member Posts: 245
    Good luck, I hope to have mine booked sometime next month.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck! icon_thumright.gif

Watch the time management. Don't spend more than 10 minutes on a SIM -- if you can't get it in that time all your doing is taking time away from "easier questions."

Make sure you read the questions carefully. And read all the answers. Then read the question AGAIN. Then, and only then, select the correct answer(s). If you don't read the question carefully you may miss something and jump on the "obvious answer" -- but the right answer to the wrong question doesn't give you any points. Plus a methodical approach could help settle your nerves.

We all know it's hard to do... but try to Relax! :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    wbosherwbosher Member Posts: 422
    Don't forget, you CAN'T go back in this exam!!! Make sure the answer is correct (or at least you think it's correct) before hitting 'Next'.

Good luck!
  • Options
    thanks for all the support guys!!!

just going to keep my head in the books the next few days tie down a few little things that im not sure on then i should be ready.

thanks to you all
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Good luck, we'll all be looking forward to an "I PASSED!!!" update to this post. :D

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    took the exam today and scored 895 which i am really pleased with, ive been studying for this exam for a while now and so pleased to have it done.

for this exam i used:

wendell odom icnd1 book
    cbt nuggets - fantastic for the exam highly recommended

i would like to thank all of you that have helped me with this part exam it is really appreciated.

Now off to icnd 2

:D
  • Options
    dazerskidazerski Member Posts: 106 ■■■□□□□□□□
    hodgey87 wrote:
    took the exam today and scored 895 which i am really pleased with, ive been studying for this exam for a while now and so pleased to have it done.

for this exam i used:

wendell odom icnd1 book
    CBT Nuggets - fantastic for the exam highly recommended

i would like to thank all of you that have helped me with this part exam it is really appreciated.

Now off to icnd 2

:D

Gratz!!!!!!! Very cool man... I hope to be joining you exactly two weeks from today. Can you elaborate a little more without breaking the confidentiality laws surrounding the exam? Did you finish with time left?

Again, congratz :)
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratlations! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    [/quote]

. Can you elaborate a little more without breaking the confidentiality laws surrounding the exam? Did you finish with time left?

[/quote]

hi,

i think i finished with about 25 mintues left on the clock, not sure how much i can say about it, but there was a fair bit of subnetting like everyone says. Got hit with a couple of questions that out of the scope of the icnd 1 exam not sure if they were marked questions or not.

I would say know subnetting and especially your show commands this will help you alot. I know its hard to say but just relax im sure you will be fine, keep going on the material and watch the cbt nuggets videos if you can get them they really helped me.

hopefully that explains a little im not very good at writing these sorts of things :P

cheers