Options

Nic Teaming for Iscsi

slinuxuzerslinuxuzer Member Posts: 665 ■■■■□□□□□□
Correct me if i am wrong here, my understanding is that when I setup my san on its dedicated gigabit switch that in order to get the connection to my san box up to higher rates I need to use multiple nics and configure my ports to etherchannel?

Is this correct and if so don't I have to configure this for the ports coming off my san box two / if I don't doesnt these make for 2gigabit link on the server side with only 1gigabit link on the san box side thereby limiting the connection to 1gigabit?

thanks.

Comments

• Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    slinuxuzer wrote:
    Correct me if i am wrong here, my understanding is that when I setup my san on its dedicated gigabit switch that in order to get the connection to my san box up to higher rates I need to use multiple nics and configure my ports to etherchannel?

Is this correct and if so don't I have to configure this for the ports coming off my san box two / if I don't doesnt these make for 2gigabit link on the server side with only 1gigabit link on the san box side thereby limiting the connection to 1gigabit?

thanks.
    NIC teaming and iSCSI is not usually supported. Instead what you want to use is MPIO, depending on the SAN vendor this may or may not be supported as active paths.

Are you planning on using iSCSI HBAs or the software iSCSI initiator and if so on what O/S?