So today...

vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
I wore a tie to work, since all the men have to wear ties and the women can wear pretty casual stuff.

So I decided to rock a tie to be fair. icon_cool.gif

Comments

• learningtofly22learningtofly22 Member Posts: 159
    Sweet, did you wear it with an untucked shirt a la Avril Lavigne?
  • shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005

She's one of the few who can pull that off :D
  • vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□

lol yes my shirt is untucked icon_cool.gif
  • jbrown414jbrown414 Member Posts: 230
    I hate having to wear a noose. The one tie I own has been hanging in my closet for probably 5 years and it remains tied as I don't know how to tie it. I only wear it for interviews.
    jbrown414 wrote:
    I hate having to wear a noose. The one tie I own has been hanging in my closet for probably 5 years and it remains tied as I don't know how to tie it. I only wear it for interviews.

It's not so bad actually. icon_cool.gif
    If I got a job where I had to wear a tie, I'd probably buy clip ons. Do they even still make those?

I guess for the right amount of money I would wear a tie everyday and even learn to tie it too.
  • Tyrant1919Tyrant1919 Member Posts: 519 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Clip ons are alright I guess, but cannot beat the awesomeness of an actual tie. I never wore a clipon with my uniform. Once you learn to tie a tie, you'll never forget.
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    MCSA:03/08/12/16 MCSE:03s/EA08/Core Infra
    CCNA
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    icon_redface.gif I've forgotten on several occasions how to tie a tie. That's why tie-a-tie.net has saved me time and again. icon_redface.gif
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
    undomiel wrote:
    icon_redface.gif I've forgotten on several occasions how to tie a tie. That's why tie-a-tie.net has saved me time and again. icon_redface.gif

Bookmarked. :D
  • Tyrant1919Tyrant1919 Member Posts: 519 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nice site... I always used the half windsor.
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    MCSA:03/08/12/16 MCSE:03s/EA08/Core Infra
    CCNA
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I wore a tie to work, since all the men have to wear ties and the women can wear pretty casual stuff.

I don't know what your companys dresscode is like. A tie's all well and good, but did you wear anything else? icon_lol.gif

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
    Slowhand wrote:

I don't know what your companys dresscode is like. A tie's all well and good, but did you wear anything else? icon_lol.gif

icon_lol.gif yes i did
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    undomiel wrote:
    +1, I found that site years ago and it saved me at the time. :)
  • HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    Next time, go bow tie!

All the cool chicks are doin' it!!!

492783940_l.jpg

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Cool chick!
    Good luck to all!
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    undomiel wrote:

I'd visit every time I had to wear my class a's in the army.

Now I only visit at interview time.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    well having to wear a tie for 2 years straight taught me well. I hate it, but if the job requires it, so be it. Apparently im the ONLY employee now to wear a button down shirt icon_rolleyes.gif

I'm a half-Windsor guy myself
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • L0gicB0mb508L0gicB0mb508 Member Posts: 538
    half windsor for the win. easy to tie, and looks pretty good.
    I bring nothing useful to the table...
  • TalicTalic Member Posts: 423
    I usually make a full-Windsor for interviews but it seems like its too thick.
    I guess I gotta tighten it up to where it chokes and maybe it'll be thin enough icon_redface.gif
  • RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I wore a tie to work once ....... clashed with my boxers icon_wink.gif
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
    half windsor for the win. easy to tie, and looks pretty good.

That's what I was rocking yesterday. icon_cool.gif

meh-1.jpg
  • PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    RussS wrote:

I try wearing just my smalls to work and for some reason i never make it to the office and only to the local police station, i cant think why!
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
    Pash wrote:
    RussS wrote:

I try wearing just my smalls to work and for some reason i never make it to the office and only to the local police station, i cant think why!

icon_lol.gif
  • scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    snadam wrote:
    I'm a half-Windsor guy myself

I always tie a simple knot unless it is a longer tie and I need to take up more material, then I use a windsor.

One of my first jobs was a used car sales man so I got used to wearing a tie young.
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
    Pash wrote:
    RussS wrote:

My employers are just lucky that I wear pants to work. Hell, the VP at the datacenter I worked for used to stop by my desk every once in a while, managing to keep a straight face just long enough to put his hand on my shoulder and say "Marcus, I just want to say how thankful we all are that you wore pants today. Really, you have no IDEA how thankful", then he'd bust out laughing.

And FadeToBright, the tie is stylin'. Looks good on ya. icon_thumright.gif

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Slowhand wrote:
    My employers are just lucky that I wear pants to work. Hell, the VP at the datacenter I worked for used to stop by my desk every once in a while, managing to keep a straight face just long enough to put his hand on my shoulder and say "Marcus, I just want to say how thankful we all are that you wore pants today. Really, you have no IDEA how thankful", then he'd bust out laughing.

There's no way he'd say that for no reason. There better be a juicy back-story for that!
    dynamik wrote:
    There's no way he'd say that for no reason. There better be a juicy back-story for that!
    Well, I did threaten, on more than one occasion, to come to work pantsless. This comment, though, was spawned from the time we had VIP guests coming and I'd forgotten to wear a button-down shirt to work. The boss told me, "didn't you get the email?", and I chuckled, "Of course I did, but I forgot. C'mon, you're lucky I wore pants, let alone remembered to wear a button-down shirt!"

So, he promptly sent me out to buy a dress shirt, and I came back just in time to take my station before the VIP guests were walking through. The funny thing, though, our Sr. Network Engineer was 'dressed up' in his own way. He wore slightly less ripped jeans than he usually would, clean sneakers, and a button-down flannel-esque shirt. He may have been well on his way to being a CCIE, but looking at him, you'd think he was a bit-player from Wayne's World. Of course, he does play in a grunge/rock band, so I guess it fits. icon_lol.gif

Rocking the tie again, with a pink button down. icon_cool.gif
    Rocking the tie again, with a pink button down. icon_cool.gif
    This time, we expect to see a picture of you wearing the tie like a bandana, Rambo-style.