Options

Preparing for CCENT

fjhesqfjhesq Member Posts: 90 ■■□□□□□□□□
Is www.subnettingquestions.com a good source to practice subnetting for the test. I'm whizzing past these. How long did any of you prepare for this exam? I have about 2 years of networking experience and I've finally decided to pursue certs on the Cisco track. I've read the press book by Odom and I've been watching CBT nuggets like TV lately. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    If it feels like you're just reviewing, and all the topics on the exam blueprint are second-nature, then it's probably time to go take the test. See what you can do about finding some practice tests, like the ones on this site, and see how you do. If you're scoring in the 90% range right off the bat, it's definitely time to go take the test.

As for me, I took the 640-801 exam back in 2007, I'd spent a couple of months, in total, studying for it. Not quite the same as doing ICND1 and ICND2, but it gives you a rough idea that you're probably going to end up with at least a month or two of study-time before you sit for the exam. In the case of some people, it can take as long as six months to a year before they're ready.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    capy_12090capy_12090 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    www.subnettingquestions.com is a great site for basic subnetting. The actual CCNA test questions will likely require you to go beyond this, i.e., you will also need to know how to apply subnetting knowledge to access lists, route summarization, troubleshooting, and so forth.