Options

Vmare Workstation

perseu79perseu79 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
Dear friends

Recently I had made one Lan setting in my Vmare workstation between Win 2003 server virtual and Win Xp virtual but I don´t get to comunicate between their . Where Win2003 has one vnet 1 ( DHCP ) and vnet 2 (host) to Win xp (host) , How can I do to setup Winxp to get one ip to dhcp ?

See ya

Chaider
Chaider do Vale Lima
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I might be mistaken, but I think host-only does just what it says (only allows the VM to communicate with the host machine). Try setting them up on bridged or a dedicated VMnet, depending on your needs.
  • Options
    yes , bu my teacher said to me that if I make one Vmare team I could create one lan between this S.O . where Win 2003 would be Server and Win xp would be client by Vmare team
    Chaider do Vale Lima
    Rio de Janeiro - Brazil
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Ok. On your team's tab, click Edit team settings and then go to the LAN Segments tab. That's where you can add, remove, and configure LAN segments.

Now, right click your VM(s), choose settings, and go to the ethernet adapter. There will be an option in the lower right to use the team's LAN segments, and it will allow you to choose which one to use if you have more than one.
  • Options
    yes , I know , but the problem is that I don´t get make the Win xp conect on Internet using the Windows 2003 proxy , I had done several adjustments in ip , gateway or dns in Win xp but he doesn´t conect . I ´ll make one draw to explain better to yu :)
    Chaider do Vale Lima
    Rio de Janeiro - Brazil