bjaxx wrote:
    I just traded:

Tony Romo
    Darren Mcfadden

for

Steven Jackson
    Matt Cassell

Thoughts???

Finally, something I can answer on these boards that I am an expert on! I have been playing fantasy sports since 1989 through snail mail...

Depends on who your backup quarterback is, Romo is going to have a HUGE year. Steven Jackson is great, but the Rams will be bad.

Who are your other RBs and WRs?
  • Options
    Kevin10686Kevin10686 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I wouldn't have done it. Hope for the best.
  • Options
    BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Sorry, I just don't see Matt Cassell doing anything this year. What made you drop Romo??
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • Options
    bjaxxbjaxx Member Posts: 217
    BeaverC32 wrote:
    Sorry, I just don't see Matt Cassell doing anything this year. What made you drop Romo??

I have trent edwards as a back up QB -

this puts me in position to have:

qb - cassel
    wr- marvin harrison, wes welker, patrick crayton
    rb - LaDainian Tomlinson, Steven Jackson
    te - heap
    k- Jeff Reed
    Def- NE

I was starting mcfadden which will hurt me - bad draft move, imo. He may shine but fargas is a gamer and I believe is one helluva RB.

This is a 12 player league, its pretty competive... So there is not alot of options and won't be a ton of scoring.

i'm taking a huge gamble on cassel, but the cards couldn't be more in his favor with the OL and the skilled players he will be with.
    "You have to hate to lose more than you love to win"
  • Options
    bjaxxbjaxx Member Posts: 217
    LarryDaMan wrote:
    bjaxx wrote:
    I just traded:

Tony Romo
    Darren Mcfadden

for

Steven Jackson
    Matt Cassell

Thoughts???

Finally, something I can answer on these boards that I am an expert on! I have been playing fantasy sports since 1989 through snail mail...

Depends on who your backup quarterback is, Romo is going to have a HUGE year. Steven Jackson is great, but the Rams will be bad.

1989 **** I was born in 83...
    "You have to hate to lose more than you love to win"
  • Options
    sthomassthomas Member Posts: 1,240 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Kevin10686 wrote:
    I wouldn't have done it. Hope for the best.

+1

At least you did not have Tom Brady... icon_lol.gif
    Working on: MCSA 2012 R2
  • Options
    Kevin10686Kevin10686 Member Posts: 67 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Tony Romo is going to put up big numbers this year. Look at his offense. He has done it past couple years but has choked in playoffs. This year I see him owning the playoffs. Even though I am from Baltimore and love my RAVENS but Dallas is a stacked team.
  • Options
    dragonx27dragonx27 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    very bad trade. Tony will be among the top in points in QB easy.
  • Options
    LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    bjaxx wrote:
    LarryDaMan wrote:
    bjaxx wrote:
    I just traded:

Tony Romo
    Darren Mcfadden

for

Steven Jackson
    Matt Cassell

Thoughts???

1989 **** I was born in 83...

Well, I was only 13 in 1989, but I have been playing a long time.

IMO

You lost more than you gained. Romo will likely outscore Cassell by more than Jackson will outscore McFadden.

Remember, Cassell barely made the team this year, so one or two bad games and he might be out of there.

I like Jackson, but the Rams have such a horrible offensive line that Jackson might be facing 8-9 man fronts all season. Will Jackson score touchdowns? Will the Rams score many touchdowns? Will they be behind and passing a lot?

Risky trade, only because Romo could throw for 35 touchdowns or more and Cassell is unproven.

BUT, with that being said... great seasons from LT and Jackson and you could win with me as your QB. The RBs could carry you.
  • Options
    Vogon PoetVogon Poet Member Posts: 291
    Romo should have a big year!
    McFadden ... hard to tell. Might end the year as a hero like A. Peterson, but it's the Raiders so ... who really can tell. Great potential though.
    S. Jackson could have a great bounce-back or be a big flop (again). Don't know much about their O-line. I prefer RB's who are in a renegotiation year where they haven't already signed a huge contract like Jackson did.
    Cassell? No one knows. Good go-to guys. Decent O-line. Probably solid, not great.
    I would have kept Romo no matter what.
    No matter how paranoid you are, you're not paranoid enough.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Horrible trade IMO. It would have been worth it if Brady was still in.

You are going to have a bad week when New England has a bye also.

Also with the current offenses run in the NFL wide receivers and QBs are the big point players. The days of taking RBs with the first pick are coming to an end soon. There are only a few teams left with only one guy getting the brunt of the carries.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.