Options

Going for the one test option!

the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
Figured while I get all my stuff for CEH ready to send in that I would spend one to two months studying to get my ccna. Still looking into what to do for rack time (I might be able to get some at my school), but at worst I will use packet tracer and netsim. Here's the materials I have:

TrainSignal CBT's (Their customer service was amazing!)
CBT Nuggets
Todd Lammel's CCNA Book

Hopefully with the right amount of study time (currently out of work and almost done my senior project) I will pass this exam. I've taken networking course from my school and a lot of it is still fresh in my head.
WIP:
PHP
Kotlin
Intro to Discrete Math
Programming Languages
Work stuff

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Good luck!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    GaugeGauge Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm using pretty much the same study materials (no CBTs, though... just Lammel), and I'm taking the one-test route. Good luck to you. I know I'll need it since I have yet to put my hands on a Cisco device. ;)

Good think I already have a very strong networking knowledge. It's just all these commands and routing protocols that are going to kill me. :p
  • Options
    Yeah I think it will be rough for me because I don't do networking. I understand most of the Cisco stuff, but I gotta work on my subnetting. Do you guys reccomend skipping the subnetting taught by CBT and TrainSignal and just go with Lammels method?
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I'd suggest you go with the method you feel the most comfortable with. It will be much easier that way rather than trying to force yourself on something someone else recommended.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    In going through the material I am seriously reconsidering the one test option. There is just so much to this exam that I am agreeing with people here about doing it through the two test. Jeremy has done a good job is scaring me about the one test option! Schedule the CCENT exam for October 3rd @ 1pm!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff