Options

How to know if your Ready For Net+??

ScottyPLoScottyPLo Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys I was just wondering if you have any tips on how to know if you’re ready for the NET+ I've done all the things I did for A+ and Sec+ Read the Mike Meyers Book the Net+ section of this website and did all the practice tests I could find.

I heard this test is harder than Security+ Is there anything I have overlooked? Anything else I should read or tests I should practice with?

Thank you
ScottyPLO icon_study.gif
Who wants to die and leave a good looking corpse I want to slide across the finish line with a shot of Jager in my hand, bruised battered and beaten saying that was one hell of a ride :)

Comments

• Options
    dvalenzueladvalenzuela Member Posts: 123
    ScottyPLo wrote:
    Hey guys I was just wondering if you have any tips on how to know if you’re ready for the NET+ I've done all the things I did for A+ and Sec+ Read the Mike Meyers Book the Net+ section of this website and did all the practice tests I could find.
    If you are hitting over 90% on your practice tests.. I can say you will be fine.. I was over 80 and I scored 680.. You will be fine if you reach that score.
    ScottyPLo wrote:
    I heard this test is harder than Security+ Is there anything I have overlooked? Anything else I should read or tests I should practice with?
    First of all, you have to know that the score to pass the test 554/900 it s a low score compared to Sec+, just for that reason it makes it easier than Sec+. I have heard that Sec is the hardest one from Comptia's tests..
    close to MCSA!!
  • Options
    aordalaordal Member Posts: 372
    I suggest you know your cabling inside and out. Types, speeds, connectors and when to use them. Memorize the 802.x standards and umm oh ya ports! Memorize the most common ports.

If you are doing pretty good on practice exams just go take it. You can miss something like 35 questions and still pass.
  • Options
    On the Test how much do they cover the OSI 7 layer model?
    Who wants to die and leave a good looking corpse I want to slide across the finish line with a shot of Jager in my hand, bruised battered and beaten saying that was one hell of a ride :)
  • Options
    ScottyPLo wrote:
    On the Test how much do they cover the OSI 7 layer model?
    mmm.. You will have some questions mixed up with Ports... I can say problably between 20% and 30% of the test
    close to MCSA!!
  • Options
    Alright I think I have it

I need to go back over
    Ports, OSI, and Cable types connectors and Length

anything else i need to cencentrate on?

Thank you all

ScottyPlo
  • Options
    ScottyPLo wrote:
    Alright I think I have it

I need to go back over
    Ports, OSI, and Cable types connectors and Length

anything else i need to cencentrate on?

Thank you all

ScottyPlo

I did have some questions on DHCP, DNS, couple of subnetting, pretty much what you said before. you will hit a top score
    close to MCSA!!
  • Options
    Thanks Guys

I will keep studying and take the test at the end of next week or the begining of the week after wish me luck, I am probably gonna need it icon_eek.gif

ScottyPlo
  • Options
    the_erickeethe_erickee Member Posts: 74 ■■□□□□□□□□
    To tell you the truth i was scoring between 60%-80% on practice tests. since i knew the test had like a 60% pass mark i thought i would be ok. even though i scored a 615 a pass is a pass. good luck!
    Erick Marshall - @erickbm

MCSE,MCITP x2,vExpert 2015,VCAP,VCP5 x2,MCSA x2,MCTS x3,MCP x2,UCP,Network+,A+
  • Options
    M4verickM4verick Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    ScottyPLo wrote:
    Thanks Guys

I will keep studying and take the test at the end of next week or the begining of the week after wish me luck, I am probably gonna need it icon_eek.gif

ScottyPlo

I'm pretty sure you'll do just fine man. Just make sure you're comfortable with the material and go in with confidence.
    Isn't it funny how after you have the certifications, you don't care about sharing them as much?
  • Options
    ats3ats3 Member Posts: 33 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Where can I find some free practice test? The only ones I've taken are the ones on this site and those seem to be pretty basic.