Options

71-653 - TS: Windows Small Business Server 2008, Configuring

astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
Took the above beta exam on Wednesday so I'm posting a few thoughts for anyone who might be interested. First off if you haven't taken 70-282 you might be better off waiting until there are some study resources, assuming you've passed that one, read on...

71 questions

The software itself (while its RTM'd) is not generally available and you'll need access to a release candidate from Microsoft Connect. Assuming you can get your hands on it and play around with it focus on all the new wizards and migration tools (there are tons!). Read up on the docs here, especially on the supported migration paths/processes and all the changes to how licensing works and the different editions.

All in all not a very difficult exam (easier than 70-282 in my opinion), I guess I'll find out in about 6-8 weeks if I'm right. :)

Comments

• Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    I had mixed feelings on the exam. I thought there were a lot of "Gimme" type questions. On the other hand there were also some much more difficult questions. I haven't played with server 2008, yet alone SBS, but I still found much of the exam to be easy. I think I have a shot at passing this one, but it will probably be in the low 700's.