Options

Exchange Connections - Nov 10-13

royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
Who's going? I plan on it but still have to get approval from my company.
“For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks

Comments

• Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    I haven't been to an Exchange focused conference since the good old days of Microsoft Exchange Conference '99/'00 etc... have you been to any of the Connections series previously?
  • Options
    I have not.
  • Options
    HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    Wish I could go, but my employers suck...
    Good luck to all!
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    HeroPsycho wrote:
    Wish I could go, but my employers suck...

If you don't mind me asking, why are you staying with them? You've mentioned the lack of raises, etc. before. It just seems like you're skilled enough to where you could find something else easily.
  • Options
    HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    My issue is the market I'm in. I need to be in this geographic area, and it's tough finding something that pays better than my current employer in this area.

Don't worry, though. I'm working on it.
    Good luck to all!
  • Options
    Ok, so I am officially signed up and have my hotel and flight booked. Anybody else going?
  • Options
    Flying out today. Can't wait!
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    This is the kind of event that my company would encourage me to attend of finances were better. Is this a once a year thing? Looks cool.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    blargoe wrote:
    This is the kind of event that my company would encourage me to attend of finances were better. Is this a once a year thing? Looks cool.

Yes, it's once a year. Very similar to Teched.
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Did they say where the next one will be located?
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    Nope. But according to this, it's in Orlando in March:
    http://hellomate.typepad.com/exchange/personal/