Options

PASSED! Amusing Circumstances...

elementxeroelementxero Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
So I crammed for this exam for about 8 hours total over the course of 5 days. Last night I was drunk on Absinthe. Exam was scheduled for noon today.

Woke up at 10:30, hungover as a bastard.

Had a couple glasses of absinthe, walked to the test center, and scraped by with a 760!

Green fairy had my back today :)
70-290: YOU'RE NEXT, FORKLIFTER.

Comments

• Options
    jarjarjarjar Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Much like the frosted miniwheat, there are two sides to my opinion on this type of behavior. The dry crunchy side says, "Listen here, young'un. You best not be doing said things to yourself with the all the risks involved." The sweet frosted side says, "Effin A! Builds character. Grab the world by the (to avoid the risk of being banned, I'll let you decide what part of the World someone should grab) and squeez!"
  • Options
    haha, fair enough.

Not advocating this for others, but I live a little rougher than most, and I was glad to pull this one off :)

Just wanted to post my somewhat less traditional success story for the amusement of other members icon_twisted.gif
  • Options
    ComputerLover1ComputerLover1 Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrads to you and I know you will do great on the others take care !!!!!!

Computerlover1
    Without struggles there can not be progress
  • Options
    jetfanjetfan Member Posts: 112 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats on the pass, all that matters is that you passed.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I usually take my exams after a large latte and a Monster energy drink. I'm so wired, I'm practically shaking. It'd be interesting to try the other extreme. I wish I had a testing center within walking distance of me icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    dynamik wrote:
    I usually take my exams after a large latte and a Monster energy drink. I'm so wired, I'm practically shaking. It'd be interesting to try the other extreme. I wish I had a testing center within walking distance of me icon_sad.gif

Yeah honestly I feel like the walk helped a lot. I felt pretty centered by the time I got in there. It's about a 25 minute walk, and the place is in a busy area of Boston so it was all bustling with people; combined with my slight absinthe buzz that put me in a pretty positive place.
  • Options
    TontonsamTontonsam Member Posts: 90 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Really happy that you pass. Good luck on the 70-290.
    MCP 70-270 / 70-290
  • Options
    ivlattivlatt Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That's the sorta thing I'd do icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    dynamik wrote:

Id wonder how good I do on a test hammered? Ill go get my bottle of "insert liquor here" and run some transcenders tonight! :)

congrats!!!
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    So I crammed for this exam for about 8 hours total over the course of 5 days. Last night I was drunk on Absinthe. Exam was scheduled for noon today.

Woke up at 10:30, hungover as a bastard.

Had a couple glasses of absinthe, walked to the test center, and scraped by with a 760!

Green fairy had my back today :)
    Excellente, nice to see you passed. I'll have to pick up a bottle and celebrate with you. :D

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    I may have taken a final exam or two with an elevated blood alcohol level in the past. I don't advocate it, but young people will do these things. Now, I am old/boring/married... icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have a bottle of absinthe from Turkey that I've been wondering what to do with. I guess now know I know... I do like the coffee/energy drink approach.