Options

70-270 booked for Thursday **UPDATE PASSED!**

I finally booked this exam ( I plan on taking 70-290 in 2 weeks if I pass ) I've been getting 90-95% on my transcender tests. I think I'm ready!

Comments

• Options
    elementxeroelementxero Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    You're definitely ready if you are scoring that high consistently. It's hard because it covers a lot of material but it's not as hard as people make it out to be.

I deal with XP IT-related crap all the time, but I rely a lot on my ability to look things up and research best practices, etc (as I think do most IT people) and this test expects you to know details off the bat.

A little silly, but if you stuff your brain full of specifics, whether its a month beforehand or a week beforehand, I think you will do fine if you are a logical person.

I can practically guarantee you will pass judging by how much you studied.
    70-290: YOU'RE NEXT, FORKLIFTER.
  • Options
    msnelgrovemsnelgrove Member Posts: 167
    Thanks for the encouragement! Today was supposed to be "super cram" day but I ended up buying season 1 of chuck and... well.. looks like it is going to be a late night :D
  • Options
    stevem5kstevem5k Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I also have my first MS exam scheduled for Thursday and 70-0270 is my first. I've been using the Testout dvd series and the Microsoft Press Materials and I'm pretty sure I'm ready. I hope we both pass, good luck!
  • Options
    good luck! I've been using Microsoft press, testout and trancenders
  • Options
    Wooo I passed with a 794!
    Lots of questions on RIS and security templates. The exam seems a bit dated as the majority of questions had to do with older NT 4 OS and legacy hardware.
    Glad to have passed, next up 70-290 (prob 2-3 weeks!)
  • Options
    stevem5kstevem5k Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just wanted to concur what msnelgrove said as well. I also passed the exam and the focus really seemed to be on deployment and RIS. I had about half a dozen questions or so on securtity templates as well. Printers and printer-priority setting in particular had multiple questions. For the most part, a lot of the questions were pretty easy and many of the possible solutions were easily and quickly dismissed which made it easier to solve some of the trickier questions.

Congrats on passing!