Options

Death Magnetic

snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
anybody get it? I actually enjoy it. First time I can say I enjoyed a studio release since the Black album. Load was okay, and laid back. Reload is meh, St. Anger I just didnt like. Death Magnetic to me sees like the album that should have came out After the Black Album. Its not Master of Puppets (nor will anything else ever be), but its still pretty damn good. Id say 7.5/10 for me. Once more rockin track would have given it an 8.

so far the first track is my fav.

K 'Tallica fans, any thoughs on the new album?

51311~Metallica-Skull-and-Flames-Posters.jpg
**** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security

Comments

• Options
    BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Have it but have not had the time to listen to it yet. Will put it on the iPod and listen to it while I work out tonight :)
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • Options
    rfult001rfult001 Member Posts: 407
    I am still boycotting Metallica...sorry.
  • Options
    rfult001 wrote:
    I am still boycotting Metallica...sorry.

icon_confused.gif:
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

• Options
    rfult001rfult001 Member Posts: 407
    I have refused to buy another Metallica album since the entire thing with the RIAA started, especially with Metallica's drummer being the poster boy for the whole thing.

To top things off, I have not been impressed with the last few albums (including the self-titled black-covered album). I did listen to St. Anger and was not pleased. From what I heard on the radio, this ain't all the good either.
  • Options
    rfult001 wrote:
    I have refused to buy another Metallica album since the entire thing with the RIAA started, especially with Metallica's drummer being the poster boy for the whole thing.

To top things off, I have not been impressed with the last few albums (including the self-titled black-covered album). I did listen to St. Anger and was not pleased. From what I heard on the radio, this ain't all the good either.

to each his own I suppose.

• Options
    BreadfanBreadfan Member Posts: 282 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I was hoping this one was going to grab me by the #@$$ from the very first time I listened to each track (as was the case with ...And Justice for All) but only 2 have done that with this album (end of the line and cyanide)

Some songs are a disappointment, but maybe they will grow on me :)

I have been waiting on this one for a long time and it doesnt seem to be like the previous albums since the Black album.....
    Mark Twain

“If I cannot drink Bourbon and smoke cigars in Heaven than I shall not go.

• Options
    BeaverC32 wrote:
    Have it but have not had the time to listen to it yet. Will put it on the iPod and listen to it while I work out tonight :)

as long as you have come to terms that the Metallica of the 80's/early 90's are never coming back, then you will enjoy this album.

• Options
    RussSRussS Member Posts: 2,068 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I was disappointed with it
    www.supercross.com
    FIM website of the year 2007
  • Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Breadfan wrote:
    (as was the case with ...And Justice for All)....

...phoenix wright? :o
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • Options
    KGhaleon wrote:
    Breadfan wrote:
    (as was the case with ...And Justice for All)....

...phoenix wright? :o

ace attorney? icon_wink.gif

That era of metallica is done, sadly. I wish we could see another masterpiece like ...and justice and master of puppets, but Im not forseeing the 45+ year olds coming out with something like that.

• Options
    cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It's pretty good guys. You should reconsider....
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    rfult001 wrote:

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/103759
  • Options
    It's pretty good guys. You should reconsider....

meh, people will always hate Metallica for one reason or another. Weather it be for the Napster issue (and BTW, they DID have a pretty valid point), or the fact they arent "metal" enough anymore. I have learned to accept that, for about a decade, they put out some of the best metal/music ever. And while they arent making their 80's masterpiece's anymore, its still good music and I enjoy it. I finally feel like I got my $10 worth.

• Options
    ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
    Yeah i got the album for my iphone. I only really liked two sings on it as well. End of the line was one and cant remember the other song on top of my head. Miss the old school Metallica.
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
    MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
    MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
    MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    MCP Server 291 In Progress
    C|EH In Progress
  • Options
    draineydrainey Member Posts: 261
    It's not up to the old school level, but it's not that bad. And besides for $10 you can't complain that much. It's definitely better all around than Motley Crue's latest. So I give Death Magnetic a 7/10.
    The irony truly is strange that you're the only one you can change. -- Anthony Gomes
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Anyone else feel like the guitar work is much better than the vocals? Maybe they should just transition into instrumentals.

I think they're falling short because they're trying to stick with their old sound instead of just evolving/aging. I didn't like everything on Load, but Until It Sleeps and Hero of the Day were pretty cool. It seems like they could still put out some really good tunes if they'd explore more options instead of just trying to make another Master of Puppets or compete with younger bands.
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Not as good as the old stuff but still pretty good. It's definitely nice to hear their original style again.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    I'll give some of it a listen tonight and post back.
  • Options
    HonorThyYtseJamHonorThyYtseJam Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Metallica...here's my honest opinion, no matter what this band puts out I will always end up buying it and listening to it. There was a point in time where I knew all of the riffs from Kill'em All to the Black Album. I'm sure there are some guitar players in the forum that can relate to this. In any case, I dig the new Metallica. It's better than anything I've heard from them in quite some time and that's what matters.

In any case, there are always several other bands that never seem to disappoint:

Machine Head
    Dream Theater
    Trivium
    Lamb of God
    Dragonforce

Any other suggestions?
    "Do you serve a purpose, or purposely serve?"
  • Options
    tallicaman99tallicaman99 Member Posts: 46 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It's a good album. I'm still trying to figure out why there's a third Unforgiven. The first two were great tunes, but I think this one will have to grow on me. I really can't wait to see em live though!!! That is what they do best!
    barmetallicafanjb1.jpg
  • Options
    learningtofly22learningtofly22 Member Posts: 159
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Ok, I've listened to a couple tracks. Much better than most anything that is coming out these days IMO... But, I think Megadeth's latest CD's are better! icon_twisted.gif

Seriously, I think it's worth buying for my collection though.
  • Options
    jarjarjarjar Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I heard some on the radio (satellite). I wasn't impressed. The last album that I liked from end to end was Master of Puppets. And Justice was good, but not great.