Options

ONT - Round 2 Today!

redwarriorredwarrior Member Posts: 285
I'm headed back to the exam center this afternoon for another shot at ONT. I feel a lot more prepared this time around thanks primarily to some practice with the MQC and also thanks to CBT Nuggets and Trainsignal videos. I'm still nervous, though. I really underestimated this exam the first time around and I'm really hoping that I'm not making the same mistake again. This morning I plan on reviewing the SDM interface, some wireless stuff, and CoPP. I feel like I have a good handle on DSCP and most of the VoIP and QoS topics. The main thing I think will have a chance on tripping me up are the questions that require you to be familiar with the GUI's for WLC's and WLSE and WCS. I never could find a way to get some hands-on time with those since my company doesn't use them. icon_sad.gif

Even more nerve-wracking, I have a job interview right before the exam! icon_confused.gif I'll be sure to hop back on here and share my experiences, but hopefully the 2nd time will be the charm and I'll be 1/4 of the way towards my PNNC! icon_lol.gif

CCNP Progress

ONT, ISCW, BCMSN - DONE

BSCI - In Progress

http://www.redwarriornet.com/ <--My Cisco Blog

Comments

• Options
    BeaverC32BeaverC32 Member Posts: 670 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good luck! I hope you aren't so nervous that you transposed "CCNP" into "PNNC"!
    MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003, LPIC-1, MCP, MCTS: Vista Config, MCTS: SQL Server 2005, CCNA, A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+, BSCS (Information Systems)
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Good luck!

Sounds like a very stressful day for you!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    PlazmaPlazma Member Posts: 503
    good luck!
    CCIE - COMPLETED!
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    good luck!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    I PASSED!!!! icon_lol.gif

My score was just an 833, so I still have some things to brush up on before I move on to my next exam, but I'm still happy to have my first CCNP exam out of the way. I've been joking that I'm really getting my PNCC since I've pretty much gone about this the opposite of the way most people do. I do think my next exam will be ISCW since that looks like what I will need most at work next.

What I used to prepare:
    Cisco Press ONT Exam Guide
    CBT Nuggets
    Trainsignal
    Hands-on time with SDM and MQC on my 1710 router
    Various online resources, including but not limited to the Cisco site.

CCNP Progress

ONT, ISCW, BCMSN - DONE

BSCI - In Progress

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

But what about the job interview? icon_eek.gif

You probably talked about this in your first attempt thread, but why did you start with ONT?
  • Options
    tmlerdaltmlerdal Member Posts: 80 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats...and just 833? A pass is a pass. Always remember what they call they guy who got a D- on his medical boards.....he's still Doctor.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    redwarrior wrote:
    I PASSED!!!!
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

For added fun while reviewing your weak areas -- every time you figure something out that you missed on the exam you have to drink a beer :D
    tmlerdal wrote:
    Always remember what they call they guy who got a D- on his medical boards.....he's still Doctor.
    And he's probably working for an Insurance Company using his "medical knowledge" to disallow 60 insurance claims an hour -- since no one would want him practicing medicine on their malpractice insurance.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    I like that drinking game...educational and fun! icon_lol.gif

The job interview went equally well...I'm writing my letter of resignation tonight so I can put in my 2 weeks tomorrow. :D

CCNP Progress

ONT, ISCW, BCMSN - DONE

BSCI - In Progress

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    LOkrasaLOkrasa Member Posts: 343 ■■■□□□□□□□
    redwarrior wrote:
    I like that drinking game...educational and fun! icon_lol.gif

The job interview went equally well...I'm writing my letter of resignation tonight so I can put in my 2 weeks tomorrow. :D
    Passed a CCNP exam and a new job... super high! Awesome job man!
  • Options
    kpjunglekpjungle Member Posts: 426
    Congratulations!
    Studying for CCNP (All done)
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats on the new job and the pass! that is awesome!
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    Panzer919Panzer919 Member Posts: 462
    CONGRATZ!!!!
    Cisco Brat Blog

I think “very senior” gets stuck in there because the last six yahoos that applied for the position couldn’t tell a packet from a Snickers bar.

Luck is where opportunity and proper planning meet

I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.
    Thomas A. Edison
  • Options
    rlj_30rlj_30 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Stay focused and you'll have your CCNP in no time!
    An education isn`t how much you have committed to memory, or even how much you know. It`s being able to differentiate between what you know and what you don`t. - Malcolm Forbes
  • Options
    Thanks guys...and just a note, although I don't really care since I've been called the "Network guy" by mistake plenty of times...it's wo-man. ;) I am that rare breed of network geek that happens to be female. Don't worry, though...I function pretty much just like a guy with longer hair. LOL!

I'm already diving into ISCW and enjoying it. Luckily, I've gotten plenty of practice at work troubleshooting VPN's. icon_rolleyes.gif

CCNP Progress

ONT, ISCW, BCMSN - DONE

BSCI - In Progress

• Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Congrats on the pass!!