Options

Inventory management...

vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
IT's worse nightmare, amirite?

Anywho, I'm in charge on inventory at my company. We use Track-It to manage our inventory. I need an application I can deploy via the network to obtain the serial #'s of printers & monitors. (is this possible?)
Also, what are the best practices for up keep on inventory?

Comments

• Options
    RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    You might be able to pull SN via SNMP, however, monitors are going to be impossible. As far as I know, there are monitors available that will communicate on any level. That's going to be a manual process I'm affraid.
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    I'm going to have to agree with RTmarc I don't think it will work without doing it manually, TrackIT does have the audit option but I don't think you can get it to work just off an IP address. Worth a shot though, it's been awhile since I used it last. We used an older version but if you go into inventory and add another device and specify the IP address and run a remote audit it may pull some information. Worth a shot I'd think...
  • Options
    paintb4707paintb4707 Member Posts: 420
    Spiceworks grabs the S/N from network printers and I believe they're adding a feature to collect local attached printers as well. Not sure how well it will work out though when you think about all the duplicate printer objects which are being shared.
  • Options
    shednik wrote:
    I'm going to have to agree with RTmarc I don't think it will work without doing it manually, TrackIT does have the audit option but I don't think you can get it to work just off an IP address. Worth a shot though, it's been awhile since I used it last. We used an older version but if you go into inventory and add another device and specify the IP address and run a remote audit it may pull some information. Worth a shot I'd think...

Track-It doesn't pull SN. I found a program that retrieves the monitor SN, so I'm good with that. Now working on getting the SN for the local printers. I have the serials for the networked ones.
  • Options
    RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    What did you find to pull monitor SNs?
  • Options
    PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Yeh im interested as well F2B, is it a free program we are talking about and are there any compatibility limitations etc?
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • Options
    http://entechtaiwan.net/util/moninfo.shtm

It's a simple program you install that allows you to pull the serial. :)

I'm using Web Jetadmin for printers, since all we have are HPs.