Options

More MS Virtualization Exams

dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
http://blogs.msdn.com/trika/archive/2008/09/09/certified-veek.aspx

I wonder if they're going to lump those all into an MCITP...

Comments

• Options
    astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    This one should be straightforward dynamik since we already studied for it... or at least it felt like we did. ;)
    Register for Beta Exam 70-403: TS: Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008, Configuring

You are invited to take beta exam 70-403: TS: Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008, Configuring. You were specifically chosen to participate in this beta because of your current Microsoft Certification status or previous participation with Microsoft Learning. If you pass the beta exam, the exam credit will be added to your transcript and you will not need to take the exam in its released form. The 71-xxx identifier is used for registering for beta versions of MCP exams, when the exam is released in its final form the 70-xxx identifier is used for registration.

By participating in beta exams, you have the opportunity to provide the Microsoft Certification program with feedback about exam content, which is integral to development of exams in their released version. We depend on the contributions of experienced IT professionals and developers as we continually improve exam content and maintain the value of Microsoft certifications.

70-403: TS: Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008, Configuring counts as credit towards the following certification(s).
    · TS: Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008, Configuration

Availability
    Registration begins: September 23, 2008
    Beta exam period runs: September 30, 2008– October 24, 2008

Receiving this invitation does not guarantee you a seat in the beta; we recommend that you register immediately. Beta exams have limited availability and are operated under a first-come-first-served basis. Once all beta slots are filled, no additional seats will be offered.

Testing is held at Prometric testing centers worldwide, although this exam may not be available in all countries (see Regional Restrictions). All testing centers will have the capability to offer this exam in its live version.

Regional Restrictions: India, Pakistan, China

Registration Information

You must register at least 24 hours prior to taking the exam.
    Please use the following promotional code when registering for the exam: VMM08

http://blogs.technet.com/betaexams/archive/2008/09/16/register-for-beta-exam-70-403-ts-microsoft-system-center-virtual-machine-manager-2008-configuring.aspx
  • Options
    Where did you get that!? How many freakin' exams to do I have to pass before I'm considered worthy as well? icon_cry.gif

Maybe that one will actually be about Hyper-V, and it's all one big joke.

Edit: Note Review: http://techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=35299
  • Options
    dynamik wrote:
    Where did you get that!? How many freakin' exams to do I have to pass before I'm considered worthy as well? icon_cry.gif

Maybe that one will actually be about Hyper-V, and it's all one big joke.

Edit: Note Review: http://techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=35299
    RSS feeds my friend: http://blogs.technet.com/betaexams/ - The ACE planners (Jim, Gerry, etc) all post them on there now. :)

Lol, that would be frigging hilarious, lord knows there was enough about SCVMM on the last one.
  • Options
    darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure I already took that exam. icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    I wanted to bump this because registration has just started for 71-403 with the code VMM08 (see astorrs post above). I'm on for the 23rd at 1pm! Anyone else in?
  • Options
    Booked for the 24th (October). Thanks for the link to the book dynamik. icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I wish I had adequate time off to take all these exams you guys do.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Mishra wrote:
    Time off? Most of us run over and do these exams on our lunch-breaks or on the weekends. Getting time off during the workday to take an exam at my last job was like pulling teeth.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    dynamik wrote:

Not being a virtualization expert (but wanting to be get stuck in and eventually take the TS exams next year) I preordered this book ages ago and have just taken delivery.

First impressions are very good though I won't be reading it that thoroughly until I get the MCSE out of the way. Still, I think that this book was well worth the money already.
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Slowhand wrote:
    Mishra wrote:
    Time off? Most of us run over and do these exams on our lunch-breaks or on the weekends. Getting time off during the workday to take an exam at my last job was like pulling teeth.

My lunch break is 30 minutes and no test centers have weekend hours. icon_sad.gif

You may learn something!
  • Options
    Your employer won't let you sneak out a little early to take an exam? icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    The exam centers only do 9-11am here. You have to take the middle of the day off. If I take anytime off then it cuts into my vacation or I have to make the time up... And making the time up is a pain in the rear.

So basically I don't want to be taking half a day every 2 weeks off for a beta exam when I have to make that 3-6 hours up during the week.

You may learn something!
  • Options
    Wow. 9-11am is insanely limiting. I can see why that would be problematic.

I'm not too big into the betas. I just did Hyper-V and am doing SCVMM because they interest me, and I'd do them anyway. Megadeth and astorrs are the beta whores icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    dynamik wrote:
    Wow. 9-11am is insanely limiting. I can see why that would be problematic.

I'm not too big into the betas. I just did Hyper-V and am doing SCVMM because they interest me, and I'd do them anyway. Megadeth and astorrs are the beta whores icon_lol.gif
    Who you calling a beta whore...

Hyper-V is the only product I've done a beta exam for, that I didn't have years of experience with previous versions of. Now admit it, you're just jealous because I'm beautiful (que cheezy music and announcer "maybe he's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline"). :P
  • Options
    astorrs wrote:
    (que cheezy music and announcer "maybe he's born with it, maybe it's Maybelline"). :P

Maybe it's the beer, but somehow I've got these images of astorrs all 'S e x & the City' style that I just can't get rid of.

Help me. icon_eek.gif
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    astorrs wrote:
    Booked for the 24th (October). Thanks for the link to the book dynamik. icon_thumright.gif
    Cancelled, don't have time to study for this one. I'll have to catch up later on once it goes live. Good luck dynamik! icon_cool.gif
  • Options
    SRTMCSESRTMCSE Member Posts: 249
    I've never taken an MS beta exam, I'm assuming pricing is the same?
  • Options
    SRTMCSE wrote:
    I've never taken an MS beta exam, I'm assuming pricing is the same?

They're (usually) free.
  • Options
    Cool, it looks like they will lump a combination of those exams into an MCITP after all.

http://blogs.technet.com/mslcommunity/
    "We also have an associated MCITP credential under development for those of your responsible for the adoption and deployment of virtualization technologies. Look for it in mid-2009!"