application offer or job offer?

ladiesman217ladiesman217 Member Posts: 416
I just received an email today and I want to ask your advice how to response with this one since their asking me about salary expectations and my current salary...( yay! I'm unemployed). They did not ask for my resume maybe they already got it from the job site. The company is much like a consulting firm and I'm very interested with this one. I also do not know anything about VOIP and very littel knowledge about cisco. Maybe you can give me some advice. Thanks in advance.

Hi,

We are looking for Network Administrator for one our clients in Manila for their BPO. The job description is given below:-

Technology, Network Administrator

Requirements:

2 – 5 years experience.
Experience in an IT company is a must
Experience in support VoIP Phones and Contact centre Applications
Installation, and Support of LAN Infrastructure like Servers, Desktops, Printers,
Trouble shooting of Operating System and Applications
Health check and Ensure health of Network Infrastructure
Antivirus and Patch Management of Desktops and Servers
Administrative Activities on Servers and Network Infrastructure
Coordinate with vendors for Hardware support and connectivity issues
Attend User calls and Ensure issues are resolved with SLA
Perform Backup and Recovery of data
Maintain an updated inventory of IT Assets
Educational Qualification: Graduate
Certifications like MCP or CCNA is will be preferred
If interested do revert with following details:-

Total Exp:
Current Salary:-
Expected Salary:-
Notice Period:-
Visa:-

Awaiting your response.

Thanks & Regards
No Sacrifice, No Victory.

Comments

• gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    For current salary I would put what it was from your last position. The expected put negotiable. That way you can find out the other perks (bonuses, benefits, 401k) before you decide on the salary you are expecting
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    I would go for confidential on the current salary and negotiable for the desired. If you keep your old salary under wraps that makes it harder for them to low-ball you. I had one recruiter out right tell me that he needs to know my current salary because they like to keep the rate of pay in line with what you are currently making. I got the budgeted amount for the job out of him and picked a number out of that instead. Since I had told him my salary is confidential he somehow assumed the number I had picked was close to it. That was kind of funny. Made it to the interview but after that unfortunately the job got frozen. Too bad. I liked the number I had picked.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/