Options

How do I setup FTP through Cisco Pix?

fommyfommy Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hello peeps,

My boss has left and its down to me to support the firewall. great. I have no experience with Cisco Pix, so please any help would be great.

The orignal FTP server died so I setup a new server to replace it! So i patched the ftpserver into the dmz. but the server wont see the outside world!
I gave the new server the old servers network details, still no joy!

I take it the firewall still has the old ip and mac address of the old ftp server? would that cause a problem?

But my main question is how do I setup the new FTP server to be allowed to see the outside world? im confused to hell!!

thanks everyone..

Matt
icon_sad.gificon_sad.gif
MCITP Enterprise Admin then CCNA - as I failed CCNA twice now. boohoo

Comments

• Options
    gojericho0gojericho0 Member Posts: 1,059 ■■■□□□□□□□
    the pix may have the old servers mac address statically assigned to the IP. you can do a sh ip arp on the pix to see if thats that case.

[/i]
  • Options
    fommyfommy Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
    i did that and it looks like the new ftpservers mac address is now assigned to the correct ip address. so that seems ok.

what else could be the issue?
    MCITP Enterprise Admin then CCNA - as I failed CCNA twice now. boohoo
  • Options
    hypnotoadhypnotoad Banned Posts: 915
    So your server can't go out at all? Check windows/other firewall. Are you getting a link on the NIC?
  • Options
    Danny_1983Danny_1983 Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Have you configured the NIC on the new server exactley the same as the NIC on the old server? EG DNS etc. Can you telnet into the box using port 21? Just incase it is some funny permissions. How is the FTP server configured?