Options

iTouch and CBTNuggets

adrianmcmillanadrianmcmillan Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi Everyone,

Has anyone here used CBT Nuggets on the iTouch? I was wondering how clear the text during Jeremy's command line and whiteboard explanations will look. Are they clear and readable? I know at smaller sized screens the text may be garbled.

Comments

• Options
    hodgey87hodgey87 Member Posts: 232
    hi,

i emailed cbt nuggets about this cause i wanted to put them onto my iphone. They said that at the minute there isnt a way to get them onto my iphone.

If you do find a way please let me know

thanks
  • Options
    I believe according to the thread below someone already has, they may have to convert it using the said converter or another. The question is how clear and readable the text in the videos are.

http://techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=29964
  • Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    i converted mine to avi and watch them on my windows based mobile(HTC kaiser) no problems...

I wouldnt want to rely on that screen for studying... but for tube journeys to work its ideal...
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    PlazmaPlazma Member Posts: 503
    I think in time they are going to go to Silverlight so that should help that situation.. sadly they still use the Techsmith codec which is only available for windows
    CCIE - COMPLETED!
  • Options
    dazerskidazerski Member Posts: 106 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hi Everyone,

Has anyone here used CBT Nuggets on the iTouch? I was wondering how clear the text during Jeremy's command line and whiteboard explanations will look. Are they clear and readable? I know at smaller sized screens the text may be garbled.

I put all of the ICND1 CBTs on my little Creative Zen. Couldn't read anything but I still listen to them while I drive sometimes. Still beneficial just listening to Jeremy lecture...
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies guys, the Creative Zen is slightly smaller than the itouch and I believe that is a gauge for trying to figure out what the video will look like at lower resolutions (480x320, I think). Thanks much!
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Plazma wrote:
    I think in time they are going to go to Silverlight so that should help that situation.. sadly they still use the Techsmith codec which is only available for windows
    Eww Silverlight
  • Options
    dazerskidazerski Member Posts: 106 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the replies guys, the Creative Zen is slightly smaller than the itouch and I believe that is a gauge for trying to figure out what the video will look like at lower resolutions (480x320, I think). Thanks much!

I didn't even try the highest conversion quality, I picked the medium one. I could kind of make out the white diagrams but the telnet/console sessions were blurry. I would image a PalmTX or even a WIndows Mobile 6700 sized screen would be ok though... good enough for a bus ride through the city or on break at work or something :)
  • Options
    Crucio666Crucio666 Member Posts: 91 ■■■□□□□□□□
    i converted mine to my iphone and it's pretty crystal clear to me. It came out to about 7 gigs for the entire ICND2 series.

i used Aigo iphone video converter
  • Options
    human151human151 Member Posts: 208
    I have CBT Nuggets on my Zune. Quality is pretty good.
    Welcome to the desert of the real.

BSCI in Progress...

Cisco LAB: 1x 2509
    1X2621
    1x1721
    2x2950
    1x3550 EMI
  • Options
    I have bought both the Archos 5 and the ipod Touch. Resolution at 640X480 (recorded, ipod is actually 480x320 I think). They are both clear, however I have a little difficulty with the green on black Tera Term that Jeremy uses, but it is still readable on the ipod. The Archos is the best, very clear and crisp and I have also loaded my pdfs on it, both the Lammle and Odom and get this, it plays flash video (once unprotected).

I plan on converting all my pdfs via text to speech software to MP3 or .wav files to listen to on the go. Of course you will have to handle the Pictures and diagrams differently, but Aural retention is a whole lot easier even with the large amount of reading I need to do outside of the CCNA.

I did consider Zune at one point, but I was concerned about the resolution and the clarity of the command line. You helped to clear that up. Thanks.
  • Options
    ULWizULWiz Member Posts: 722
    i have a iphone as well and from what i understand the iphone just needs a mp4 file format. It cant play avi and some others formats. Try converting the file and moving it to the iphone.
    CompTIA A+ Nov 25, 1997
    CompTIA Network+ March 7, 2008
    MCTS Vista 620 June 14, 2008
    MCP Server 290 Nov 15, 2008
    MCP Server 291 In Progress (Exam 12/28/09)
    Cisco CCENT In Progress
    MCP Server 291 In Progress
    C|EH In Progress