Options

Recommended hosting services?

scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
So who do you guys recommend? Mainly for a shared service that hosts a forum that has about max ~30 users on at once, but has a large DB.
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I used to use Mosso, but I've moved over to Host Monster (on Royal's suggestion), and it's been fine. I would imagine that they'll handle a 30-user forum.

Finally giving up on their other provider, eh?
  • Options
    scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Yeah, apparently while I was in the dark from the blackout in the area there was a big failure on the hosting companies side that took the site down for about a day.

Thanks, I'll check that site out.

Two that I have worked with that I will not use are:
    Heritage Web Solutions
    A Small Orange

Was all recommended
    Server Beach

Any feed back on those?
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    GT-RobGT-Rob Member Posts: 1,090
    I've used a few here and there. None that really stand out better than others.

http://www.mochahost.com/ is probably the cheapest from the ones I've used.
  • Options
    JavonRJavonR Member Posts: 245
    I would check out brinkster.com, I've used them in the past and they have been great.
  • Options
    TechJunkyTechJunky Member Posts: 881
    Use vpslink.com

Not only are they reliable, but they are cheap! Plus you have the added bonus of hosting whatever other software you want on your linux box. I have used them for years and their uptime is awesome!
  • Options
    royalroyal Member Posts: 3,352 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Hostmonster for shared hosting
    Servint for Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting.

If my blog eventually gets too big for shared hosting, I will move to Servint. I have read reviews and they are amazing. They'll install software for you, update programs, and even do this for third party programs they don't offer. Amazing service.
    “For success, attitude is equally as important as ability.” - Harry F. Banks
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    royal wrote:
    I have read reviews and they are amazing. They'll install software for you, update programs, and even do this for third party programs they don't offer. Amazing service.
    Uhh yeah... I don't see that being viable for long.
  • Options
    pLuhhmmpLuhhmm Member Posts: 146
    GoDaddy b/c there spokes"women" are smokin hot ;p
    Ever wonder what makes special sauce so special? YO!