Options

any experience required for 70-620 ?

xxPrincexxxxPrincexx Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

I am new to the technical world, currently working on a networking degree program, hopefull will get the degree soon !

I want to start preparing for MCSA and i have decided to give 70-620 VISTA as 1st exam.

i dont have any experience in IT field...i am a student icon_sad.gif

do i need experience in order to give this exam ?

my plan:

70-620 --> 70-290 --> 70-291 --> 70-284

is this a good plan ?

hoping for replies !

thnaks

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You'll gain experience as you work through books, CBTs, practice exams, labs, etc. You might have to put a little more effort into it, but it's by all means doable.

That exam order seems like a good plan of attack. Welcome to the forums, and good luck!
  • Options
    thanks for a quick reply

actually, i was going through microsoft website and under 70-620 page, it say that u need to have atleast 1 year of IT experience !

so wat i need to know is that do i have to show them a experience certificate from my employee ?

do i just register my date on prometric and show up there on test day !
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Microsoft wrote:
    Candidates for Exam 70-620: TS: Windows Vista, Configuring, should have at least one year of experience in the IT field.

They say, "should." It's just a recommendation.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exams/70-620.aspx
  • Options
    bjaxxbjaxx Member Posts: 217
    xxPrincexx wrote:
    thanks for a quick reply
    actually, i was going through microsoft website and under 70-620 page, it say that u need to have atleast 1 year of IT experience !

No, it is recommended to have 1 year experience to complete the exam.
    so wat i need to know is that do i have to show them a experience certificate from my employee ?
    What Dynamik stated was you will pick up experience as you start studying, mspress, cbt, transcender etc... Lab as much as you can and familiarize yourself with the o/s.

do i just register my date on prometric and show up there on test day !

Yes - make sure you bring to forms of ID though
    "You have to hate to lose more than you love to win"
  • Options
    which is the best book to prepare for 70-620?
  • Options
    Daniel333Daniel333 Member Posts: 2,077 ■■■■■■□□□□
    xxPrincexx wrote:
    my plan:
    70-620 --> 70-290 --> 70-291 --> 70-284

Perfect plan. Just make sure to run every lab you see in the Microsoft press books. Get comfortable with Microsoft Virual PC.
    -Daniel
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    It looks like a good plan to me. As long as you study hard and make sure you work with a lab as much as possible, you should do just fine as you move through the exams. You don't "need" work experience for the exam, but it's recommended that you have some hands-on experience before tackling the test. As for books, I'd recommend either the MS Press or the Sybex book.

And, if you're strapped for hardware, look into setting up a virtual lab. For this exam, you can do well with the resources on the TechExams.net 70-620 resource page, but for the 70-290, 70-291, and 70-284 exams you'll want to get yourself either some hardware to install on, or something like Virtual PC or VMware to install your lab machines on.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I agree, your plan looks good. Are you going to working on XP machines? If so, you might want to consider the 70-270 as the client exam.
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Psoasman wrote:
    I agree, your plan looks good. Are you going to working on XP machines? If so, you might want to consider the 70-270 as the client exam.
    I wouldn't worry about XP at this point. You can pick up a good administration book on it, but it's better worth the time to just do the Vista exam and skip 70-270. You can learn to administrate XP without doing the additional exam.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    Psoasman wrote:

I am not going to work on XP (70-270). I have heard that it is better to give 70-620 (vista) rather than 70-270 (XP)

i have bought http://www.amazon.com/MCTS-Self-Paced-Training-Exam-70-620/dp/0735623902 this book as suggested by "SLOWHAND"