Options

Testing

jason_lundejason_lunde Member Posts: 567
Just a general question....do any of the cisco test centers offer testing on Saturdays? Now it looks as if my employer will not let off during the work week to test, and I am suppose to go on the 30th! Would like to reschedule on a Sat. but it looks like Pearson only test on weekday, is this correct? Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    skeet2331skeet2331 Member Posts: 87 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It is entirely up to the testing center. Mine here only allows Tues, wed, thurs. However I know of some guys taking it on Saturday.
  • Options
    wbosherwbosher Member Posts: 422
    Take a sick day. icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I usually just test at lunch. My test center is only like a mile away though.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I've never seen a Weekend spot available at any of the Vue or Prometric centers I test at. I'm paid hourly, and I can take off pretty much whenever I want.
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    In my area, some of the Prometric and Vue centers have morning appointments on the weekends. Check the site for your testing provider of choice to see if any of the centers in your area have weekend spots available.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    There is only one in my area that does testing on Saturdays, never did that though. Usually scheduled for Monday at 2pm and showed up sometime between 9 and 11 and they let me in.
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    there's a few in the uk that offer sat bookings.....

but given the paltry amount that the test centre gets for hosting an exam i can understand there reluctance to open just for exams.....
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    Your employer won't let you take off work to take an exam that makes you a more valuable employee to them? I think I would be looking for a new job!

I can't recall, but it seems like a couple of the testing centers here offered the exam on Saturday, but others I looked at only offered exams around three days a week.
  • Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    /usr wrote:
    Your employer won't let you take off work to take an exam that makes you a more valuable employee to them? I think I would be looking for a new job!

there are 3 of us at my current location with this very problem..... 1 of them is my immediate supervisor.....

the guy above him is the stumbling block.... we have all had to take annual leave etitlement for exams as he doesnt know the rules here !!

heck I do its at HIS discretion..... we just keep getting stonewalled....

I've used 8 days leave so far this for training, all related to my role here......

that aside the jobs ok, the people are good and the money is ok.... stress levels low and some time to study at work and play with new kit.......

I;m not gonna be here for ever so I'll keep rattling the cage but not too loud and study while I can....

anyways rant over with for now....
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    dazerskidazerski Member Posts: 106 ■■■□□□□□□□
    /usr wrote:

there are 3 of us at my current location with this very problem..... 1 of them is my immediate supervisor.....

the guy above him is the stumbling block.... we have all had to take annual leave etitlement for exams as he doesnt know the rules here !!

heck I do its at HIS discretion..... we just keep getting stonewalled....

I've used 8 days leave so far this for training, all related to my role here......

that aside the jobs ok, the people are good and the money is ok.... stress levels low and some time to study at work and play with new kit.......

I;m not gonna be here for ever so I'll keep rattling the cage but not too loud and study while I can....

anyways rant over with for now....

OH oh!! Can I rant too?? I am the sole end-user support guy for 500 employees. I work with two network admins who are so beyond inept that they should have been fired years ago. One asked me the other day, "How do you find the MAC address of a computer? ...and is that the MAC address of the computer or network card?"

Another one advised an HR employee that it would be ok to send social security numbers and names in a plain-text, unsecure email across the internet to our benefits provider because "The only way that data could be compromised is if the 'line' was tapped" LOLOLOL I was like WHuuuuuuuuu??? These people are dangerous.

Oh this one was the kicker, a user called and had no network connectivity, couldn't ping our gateway, couldn't ping any servers, no network connection what-so-ever. So since I'm being given the shaft on ever moving out of this position, I turned it over to our REAL savvy network admins. So what does our valued admin do? I'm watching over his shoulder, dumbfounded as he fires up Active Directory management console and says there should be no problems because it appears the user's AD account is not expired.......?!

My bitterness towards these admins is not a result of only them being dangerous - it's because my boss knows I want to move in to a network admin position and they know this too. So one of them recently told my boss that if he sends me to any network admin/cisco training, they would go to HR and file a claim saying he was 'playing favorites'. Well... guess what? I get no Cisco training.

yeah...lame

/sigh
  • Options
    ashrafneoashrafneo Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thats some messed up network admins. I hate inept people at any job.