Options

passed icnd2

belindak36belindak36 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
I barely passed ICND2 put I'm so glad it is over. It was a hard test. I finished with just 2 minutes left. Now that I'm a ccna, I am going to try and find a job doing that type of work. I work in IT but mostly desktop support. Anybody got any hints on how to get that first ccna job? I guess next is CCNP. For the test, I used cbt nuggets and boson exam simulator.

Comments

• Options
    wbosherwbosher Member Posts: 422
    So you only used those two things and they got you through? I've got Routersim and CBT Nuggets, but I'm also trying to read the Cisco Press ICND2 book. It's a hard read!!!

The CBT series is brilliant but I found it lacking in some details on the ICND1 exam, but if that's all you used for ICND2, I might give up on the book.

Did you just follow the videos and build the same lab as Jeremy?
  • Options
    tech-airmantech-airman Member Posts: 953
    belindak36 wrote:
    I barely passed ICND2 put I'm so glad it is over. It was a hard test. I finished with just 2 minutes left. Now that I'm a ccna, I am going to try and find a job doing that type of work. I work in IT but mostly desktop support. Anybody got any hints on how to get that first ccna job? I guess next is CCNP. For the test, I used CBT Nuggets and boson exam simulator.

belindak36,

Head over to http://www.cisco.com and on the right hand side under "Quick Links" click on _Partner Locator_ and find a Cisco Partner near you. Cisco Partners are required to hire Cisco certified individuals in order for the Cisco Partner organization to retain Cisco Partner status. Seek out the Registered Partners because they might be trying to grow into a Premier Partner but might be lacking a Cisco certified individual on staff with a valid CCNA certification or higher. Also look into Premier Partner who might currently have a CCNA on staff but might be wanting to move on to bigger and better things where you would slot in. However, if a Silver or Gold Partner is hiring now and looking for at least a CCNA certification then that might be your entery level CCNA job. Good luck!
  • Options
    belindak36belindak36 Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks tech-airman. I will try your suggestions. Wbosher, I can't stress enough that I just barely passed with using the cbt nuggets and boson exam simulator. Those were my main study points. I did all the simulations they had in the boson simulator about a billion times each. I also watched the videos several times. I also went to the cisco site and did all the questions and training they had and I downloaded every free test demo I could find. I thought the test went a lot deeper than the videos. Good luck to you when you take it.
  • Options
    wbosherwbosher Member Posts: 422
    Oh well...back to the book. icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    VictoriousVictorious Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!! icon_thumright.gif And the score means nothing as long as you passed the test and really understand the material.
    Victorious