Options

70-656 TS: Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack, Configuring

astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
Gave this one a shot today (http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/exams/70-656.mspx) as I've worked with SoftGrid for a few years and slid by with a 772. My worst score by far. I hadn't realized it was based on App-V 4.5 (which was RTM'd only on the 3rd - two weeks ago, it only became available for d/l a few days ago!). I should have caught it from the objectives as there were a few indications in there. Oh well. I guess what I had read up on it was enough for me to squeeze through. :)

Breakdown was as follows:

75 questions in 3hrs 15mins

App-V (SoftGrid) - ~66%
DEM & AGPM ~ 10-15%
AIS & DaRT ~ 5-10%

Since there are only 31 people who've passed it according to Microsoft and they're trying to boost the number (hence why it was free) they are giving the first 200 people some MicroJunk...

For my efforts I get this hideous desk plaque:

glass_150.gif

And this ugly jacket with "Microsoft Desktop Optimization Pack for Software Assurance | MDOP Charter Member" written on the front:

jacket_150.gif

I'll be taking offers when they arrive. Ick. ;)

Oh and if you're wondering why I posted this under this forum, Microsoft considers this one of their 4 virtualization certs... Application Virtualization in this case.

Edit: I was wrong, it's only the first 200 who get the MicroJunk. ;)

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I can properly dispose of those for you for $250.

Congratuations!
  • Options
    dynamik wrote:
    I can properly dispose of those for you for $250.
    Good one. icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343
    Grats astorrs!
  • Options
    ladyfoxladyfox Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    *bump*

Anyome taken this exam recently?

I'm scheduled in next Monday and would like to get a better understanding of the content as I cant find any practice tests, I'm just reading bits online. I know a fair bit on SoftGrid but need to put in some effort on DaRT and AIS and the other areas. I'm reassured to read Astorrs post though tat the majority was SoftGrid!

Would be good to hear from anyone else that has sat this one.
  • Options
    Have a look at the skills measured here for a list of the objectives. FYI, you will not pass the exam if you don't know about the other pieces of the MDOP suite.

Do you have experience with deploying/using MDOP? Do you have access to it from the MVLS site? There are no practice tests or other exam resources and your best bet for information is the help files/deployment guides (available in the subfolder for each piece, also check out the release notes) from the products themselves; as well as hands-on experience of course.
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Do you still have the sexy jacket and glass thingy though? :D
  • Options
    tiersten wrote:
    Do you still have the sexy jacket and glass thingy though? :D
    Still impatiently awaiting their arrival ;)
  • Options
    ladyfoxladyfox Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thought i'd update this post to say that I sat this exam and slid by with a pass. I know SoftGrid quite well but there was a good percentage of AIS, DEM and AGPM and you do really need to spend some time studying these other components to get a good pass. I watched the videos on the MS wensite and read the whitepapers and passed, if you do a lot of reading in your own time, and especially watch the videos to understand the key concepts I think you'd be okay.

I think i am too late for the sexy jacket and award though icon_sad.gif
  • Options
    darkerosxxdarkerosxx Banned Posts: 1,343