Information Security Urgent help required...

mukuljackmukuljack Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi,As you must have heard of Lehman Brother Sinking.and Unfortunately I am the part of that company,so now my job is in danger.We do most of the application admin stuff but I am not able to frame it in a resume...Please help mee
Mukul

Comments

• mukuljackmukuljack Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    JD I am sure you must be able to help me...pleaseeee
    Mukul
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    No one's going to write your resume for you. Why don't you post what you have so far along with what you currently do there, and we'll give you advice based on that.
    Mukul Mahajan
    mukul0617@gmail.com  9819505189, DOB:-17/06/1984

Objective: To join a team of quality professionals working in highly innovative environment that would be mutually beneficial for the advancement of the organization and enriching my knowledge towards continuous growth.

Synopsis
     2 Years of Experience in IT-Security Domain.
     Exposure to write Test Cased and bug reporting via JIRA and Mercury Quality centre.
     Involved in collaboration & team building skills and activities with proficiency at grasping new technical concepts quickly and utilizing the same in a productive manner.

Technical Skill Set
    Languages : C, C++, Java (Sun Certified java Programmer)
    Database : SQL
    Front End Tools : Lotus Notes, Siebel, TAC, Remedy, iPlanet, Oracle OIM,
    ACE Server
    Testing Tools : Echo, Mercury Quality Center, JIRA
    Web Server : Tomcat

Organizational Experience

Working with Lehman Brothers Mumbai India. 26th May-Till Date

RESPONSIBILITIES:

 Member of Information Security Team, responsible for providing access control/accounts (Human/Service) on approximately 290 applications, tools and platforms.
     Implementing and testing the guidelines and security policies (Encryption, User Authentication, financial transactions) in QA, Stage and Production Environments Across firm wide on all platforms.
     Hands on experience on Oracle Identity Management tool.
     Implementing the rules and deployment mechanisms which control/maintain access to data files and prevent unauthorized modification, destruction or disclosure of information
     Acting as a BCP Planner for the team.

Worked with Hewitt Associates India Private Ltd (HAIPL) since July 2006 till May 2008

IDENTITY MANAGEMENT

RESPONSIBILITIES:

 Ensuring that essential business functions are able to continue even in the event of unforeseen circumstances by identifying critical people(roles/functions).This involves Disaster Recovery and Risk Management
     Access provisioning (New, Modification, Access Revokes, Password resets) that includes Verification, Validation and authentication of user details as per set of rules defined by IT and Business Management. The clients include PepsiCo, Rockwell, Omnicom, and Marriott.
     Access provisioning for all the Siebel requests received (Siebel ERM & Siebel CRM both).
     Updating the User Manuals for the Clients based upon technical documentation.
     Member of the transition team that transitioned Kronos, JAT, LMS-Sum Total to ISCSM (PepsiCo)
     Promote and embrace a metric driven business unit.
     Ensure comprehensive internal security controls, compliance and audit practices are being met.
     Maintain a streamlined, efficient, professional, customer driven business unit.
     Adopts and ensure an effective, stabilized US and Gurgaon logical security model and partnership
     Exposure to Hewitt tools like Lotus Notes, Siebel ERM, SWIM, PACT (PepsiCo Access Control Tool).

Audits
     Involved in the SAS70/SOX internal audits.
     To make sure that the work is being done as the specified internal controls for the team.
     Undergone specialized training to get the IS-CSM team ISO certified.
     Keeping a track of the version control for all the documentations done for the team.
     Standardizing the folder structure and the repository structure for the team.

Software Testing

Project Name : Swim (Security Workforce Information System)
    Company Name : Hewitt Associates
    Environment : ASP.Net, VB.Net as Front End, SqlServer 2000 as backend
    Project type : Internal
    Position : Manual Tester (As a Team member)
    Team size : 3 Members
    Project Location : Gurgaon

As a part of internal project SWIM which was actually created to replace Siebel.

Responsibilities

 Manual tester for PepsiCo, Rockwell, Omnicom, Marriot, pnc onshore clients.
     Interaction with onsite co-coordinator, IT Analysts, Business Leads
     Preparation of Test Cases
     Functional QA on Dev, Stage and Production environments
     Participation in UAT and BAT
     Regression testing
     Identifying test cases for automation and automating them

Academic Credentials

 B.E (Computer Science) Nov 2001-Dec 2005 62.65%
    Model Institute of Engg. and Tech, Jammu
     Intermediate (PCM) 2001 70%
    S.R.M.L, Jammu
     High School 1999 72%
    S.D Tara Puri High School

ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENTS

Selected as top-10 Programmer in C & C++ at the National Level technical festival “La Fiesta-2003” at Guru Nanak Dev University-Amritsar.

ACADAMIC PROJECTS
    1. Title: Unmanned Railway Crossing Language used:- C
    Duration: Jun’03 - Aug’03
    o It was an automated railway-crossing controller wherein the IR transmitter & a photodiode are placed in a same line.
    o As soon as a train crosses the IR rays get blocked, a control signal is passed which rotates the motor in a particular direction.
    o It also detects position of the train at a particular instance of time.

2. Title: Pc & 8085 p Based Robotic Car Language used:- C++
    Duration: Jun’04 - Aug’04
    o The PC controls the movement of a toy car through the commands from the keyboard.
    o Printer port is used to transmit the information, which is transmitted via a wireless link, and the commands are processed by the microprocessor 8085.
    o Signals are issued to the robotic motors to move accordingly

PUBLICATIONS
     Got 2nd prize in Paper Presentation on “Encryption Techniques” at National Level technical festival “La Fiesta-2003”, Guru Nanak Dev University- Amritsar.
     Credential of being certified from Amogsiddhi Educational Society, Sangli (Maharashtra) for National Level Technical Paper Presentation Competition-2005 on “Network Security the Present Day Need…”

EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES

Holds the distinction of
     Participated as National Swimmer from J& K at Delhi’s Talkatora Stadium.
     Participated in the trekking cum nature study camp held at Patnitop
     Member of Event Management team in IS CSM team.
    Mukul
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    First, they aren't (yet) firing anyone from Lehman Brothers. Chapter 11 bankruptcy just mean "protection from creditors while reorganizing." However, there are bound to be lay-offs of deadwood employees, which is usually 5% of any department. If you fall into that category, check with your HR department if they will be conducting job finding and resume writing workshops. That's the sort of thing that very large companies to for "redeployed" associates.
    JD, If they are not firing,they will d it later on.even since barkley's has bought it,we still dont have a job scurity here.Its ben only 3 months for me in Lehman and yes,If there is any job cut I wd be the 1st one frm my team....And HR wont help as they are also looking for jobs...Anyways believe more to the guys in this foroum rather than my HR guys..so please helop me
    Mukul
    PLease help me modyfing my resume now plz
    Mukul
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    Do you have an account on www.LinkedIn.com? If not, get one and fill in your resume information there. There are also a lot of recruiters on LinkedIn that you can contact, and they will need your complete work and educational history.
  • snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    mukuljack wrote:
    PLease help me modyfing my resume now plz

hey man calm down, we are here to help, but not do the work for you

JDMurray wrote:
    Do you have an account on www.LinkedIn.com? If not, get one and fill in your resume information there. There are also a lot of recruiters on LinkedIn that you can contact, and they will need your complete work and educational history.

i have heard this from other members, but how effective is this place? Ive done basic research, but Im an outsider looking in so I'm curious to see an insdiers input.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I like LinkedIn, although I haven't done any real job-searching through it just yet. (It's next on my agenda.) If nothing else, it's fairly popular to see people listing their LinkedIn profile in their email signatures, I've seen it enough to notice.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
    Hi All, I know No body is here to do my part of work and even no one will do.Its just I want some help in the form of sincere comments from you guys on my resume as which line can I modify/add.This is because we are real time security professionals and I hope would be able to understand the stuff much better.
    Rest, JD, I do have the LinkedIn Account and will update it there....but those are consultants and not the helping guys like we are here in this forum
    Mukul
  • sexion8sexion8 Member Posts: 242
    Slowhand wrote:
    I like LinkedIn, although I haven't done any real job-searching through it just yet. (It's next on my agenda.) If nothing else, it's fairly popular to see people listing their LinkedIn profile in their email signatures, I've seen it enough to notice.

I've been on LinkedIn for a while and am always being offered jobs through their one of them being Google. If you use it correctly, network with the right people, LinkedIn is one of the better sites to be on. However, you get out of it what you put into it... Put nothing, get nothing. The more descriptive you are, the more your odds are to be viewed. Also, taking the time to answer questions raises the likelihood you'll be seen.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/voipsec
    "Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius
  • SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    sexion8 wrote:
    Slowhand wrote:

I've been on LinkedIn for a while and am always being offered jobs through their one of them being Google. If you use it correctly, network with the right people, LinkedIn is one of the better sites to be on. However, you get out of it what you put into it... Put nothing, get nothing. The more descriptive you are, the more your odds are to be viewed. Also, taking the time to answer questions raises the likelihood you'll be seen.

http://www.linkedin.com/in/voipsec
    Precisely. I signed up, tracked down my coworkers and former coworkers, but I haven't taken the time to really dig into it and see what else I can do. All in all, LinkedIn is a good site, definitely worth checking out for anyone job-searching or just wanting to network.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
    Today we got the news that we will get this months salary...Huuurrraaaahhhh!!!!!
    Mukul