Options

Hey Mishra and Snadam!

2»

Comments

• Options
    TechnowizTechnowiz Member Posts: 211
    Come on guys. You're just one test away!
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    We are two tests away. We both mentioned to you before that you were closer than us to passing. ;) We both need the 294, and 298.
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!
  • Options
    TechnowizTechnowiz Member Posts: 211
    Sorry, memory lapse...

Well hang in there. You'll knock it out soon.
  • Options
    Technowiz wrote:
    Sorry, memory lapse...

Well hang in there. You'll knock it out soon.

Thanks! You asking about it is great. I need a good kick every now and then.

You may learn something!
  • Options
    Found a good date. November 4th I will be taking the 294. Horray... Am I the only one that is happy when I get to schedule my exam? Everyone else is always pressured.

Prometric gave me a free exam after the last screw up with them testing me for the 290. It was interesting because I asked about second shot and Prometric said they would just give me another free exam if I failed... I would imagine that the second shot is Microsoft's cost. Maybe they would bill this exam back to Microsoft? Or maybe they will just continue to front exam costs until I'm happy? Kinda weird..

You may learn something!
  • Options
    hannoshannos Member Posts: 29 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Well i've managed to fail this one twice...

first time I got 643. So I studied my butt off for the next 4 days, especially the areas I was deficient in.

Then I managed a 624... Absolutely flabberghasted! And I was feeling quite confident during the exam, even picking up small mistakes I made from the first one. (note: when reconfiguring the Sites sim, I didn't move the servers the first time, only the subnets)

1th nov is the next attempt...
  • Options
    Good luck hannos. I'm sorry to hear that you failed again.

I had to reschedule my exam to Novermber 11th (veterans day, I have off) because my leave time wasn't ever approved.

You may learn something!
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    *Hopefully lights a fire*

How are you guys doing? I finally finished my 293 so I can 'officially' begin my 294 campaign now. I'm almost done with chapter 1 of the MS Press book, so you better not let me catch up to you. icon_smile.gif

I know you both got new jobs and whatnot, so I'm hoping that you've both just been busy and the material isn't that difficult.

I must say I think I'm going to be more comfortable with 294 than I was with 293. I work with Active Directory and GPO's and not PKI, NLB/Clustering, IPSec.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    id say im starting up again really soon. Im in the middle of revamping my lab, and once that is done, its on to 294 and 298. Im getting annoyed by these books on my desk that are unread :)
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    Congrats Netadmin..

Since my mother and g/fs mother started dying beginning of December and passed away 12-27-08 and 12-29-08. Haven't been able to study... Now I have a serious head cold plus I'm trying to catch up on all the stuff I need to do that I missed on December.

So it doesn't look like I can start studying again this week. Maybe I can start in on it next week.

You may learn something!
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Mishra wrote: »
    Congrats Netadmin..

Since my mother and g/fs mother started dying beginning of December and passed away 12-27-08 and 12-29-08. Haven't been able to study... Now I have a serious head cold plus I'm trying to catch up on all the stuff I need to do that I missed on December.

So it doesn't look like I can start studying again this week. Maybe I can start in on it next week.

my condolences, that's a real hard thing to handle.
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    NetAdmin2436NetAdmin2436 Member Posts: 1,076
    Congrats Netadmin..

OMG. I am so sorry to hear that Mishra. I couldn't even imagine what it must be like for you and your family. My condolences.

...man, I feel really bad now.
    WIP: CCENT/CCNA (.....probably)
  • Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Congrats Netadmin..

My prayers go out to you and your family.
  • Options
    Thank you megadeth.

Yeah, having both of them pass at the same time actually has been worse. My g/f and I thought it was a positive thing at first because we could share experiences... But it was basically me sitting at my moms house, and her at hers. We couldn't be there for each other.

I didn't mean to make you feel really bad though. :)

You may learn something!
  • Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Sincerest condolences Mishra.

I've just booked the 298 exam for early Feb. I've been light reading the 294/298 in December but really want to get this MCSE done now so I can move onto the upgrades - it seems to have been on the go for ages. Hopefully by early March it'll be finished!

Good luck in finishing up yours Mishra/Snadam
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln