Options

Cubical Gerbils

LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797

Comments

• Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Actually looks like a good idea to me. As long as I have the option to sit down when I'm done with the walking. I'm a pacer so especially if I'm on the phone it would be nice.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    I just read that article.....I think it makes sense, but only if the employees wanted it badly enough. It may do something to slow the fattening of America. I see people at my company, who have been here for years. Their ID has a way younger, and usually slimmer picture. And they wonder why they are fat?! Seriously, I'm not a model in any way..hell, I've got a beer gut that can put some to shame(not that I'm proud of it, but I make my own so I always have it around)..

Myself, no I wouldn't want one, because I'm always getting up and running around the office, but I know some people who already have those little leg trainers under the desk, and they love them. I had one, but I just kept kicking it out of the way.....
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I've read stories about things like this, but it's usually stay-at-home bloggers or something like that. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for this to become mainstream.
  • Options
    My wife and the ladies in her office decided they were going to sit on those giant exercise balls instead of office chairs. It was supposed to strengthen the abs and improve posture.

She paid $50 for it, and they used them for less then 2 weeks. Too many fads, just be active and don't eat so damn much is what I always say. (as I bite into my Big Mac) icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    It'll all go away when you get somebody with no coordination on one who falls over and knocks out several teeth on the raised desk so then consequently sues the company for unsafe working conditions...
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    At home I did the giant exercise ball. It made a pretty good seat but had to swap out for a chair when I wanted to use my Wacom.

Unfortunately ...

Cats 1 - Ball 0
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    tiersten wrote:
    It'll all go away when you get somebody with no coordination on one who falls over and knocks out several teeth on the raised desk so then consequently sues the company for unsafe working conditions...

Nah, IT geeks are the most coordinated people on Earth icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I don't know why someone doesn't make an exercise bike/office chair hybrid. It'd be cheaper, less complicated to manufacture, and have a lower chance of injury.
  • Options
    mamonomamono Member Posts: 776 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Its about will power and determination. You have to want to exercise. If the person doesn't want to, then they're not going to. That treadmill could just as well be at a standstill.
  • Options
    dynamik wrote:
    I don't know why someone doesn't make an exercise bike/office chair hybrid. It'd be cheaper, less complicated to manufacture, and have a lower chance of injury.

I smell litigation and this thread being used as evidence when I steal that million dollar idea. But, in your honor, I'll call it the "Dynamik Office Bike" :D
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    dynamik wrote:
    I vaguely remember something like this but with a PC built into it. The bike part was hooked up to the PC and it knew how far you'd gone to use that as some sort of credit system.
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    They should make the office chair/bike power the workers computer so they can't stop exercising icon_twisted.gif
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    They should make the office chair/bike power the workers computer so they can't stop exercising icon_twisted.gif

If they related number of miles done on a daily basis to end of year bonus, there would be a lot of skinny people in that office.
    Kam.
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Kaminsky wrote:

If they related number of miles done on a daily basis to end of year bonus, there would be a lot of skinny people in that office.

Nah, just a lot of fat hackers.... :P
    All things are possible, only believe.