Options

Graduating!

the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
Welp, after four years I was offically allowed to apply for graduation. In 12 weeks (after a math, science, network security, and system analysis classes) I will be the proud owner of a BS in Computing and Security Technology. Just posting to let those who are working towards a degree that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I have the added bonus of being only the third person to graduate with the security degree (new program added the security side of computing) from my school. Yay me!
WIP:
PHP
Kotlin
Intro to Discrete Math
Programming Languages
Work stuff

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    BradleyHUBradleyHU Member Posts: 918 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats, i know the feeling...it feels like a weight is lifted off your shoulders...

only to get put right back on, once you graduate and start look for a job, or start workin and paying bills. paying back loans, if you have them, is the worst...
    Link Me
    Graduate of the REAL HU & #1 HBCU...HAMPTON UNIVERSITY!!! #shoutout to c/o 2004
    WIP: 70-410(TBD) | ITIL v3 Foundation(TBD)
  • Options
    jbaellojbaello Member Posts: 1,191 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats icon_cool.gif

It will payoff there are positions out there that requires a BS degree on top of your certs...
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Awesome! Congratulations!

Hopefully I'll be able to wrap up my BA within a year. It will be such a load off my mind. What's next?
  • Options
    jryantechjryantech Member Posts: 623
    Congrats

Guess we won't be seeing you much since you'll be getting that million dollar a year job icon_cool.gificon_lol.gif

I'm hoping to have my BS in 3 years.
    "It's Microsoft versus mankind with Microsoft having only a slight lead."
    -Larry Ellison, CEO, Oracle

Studying: SCJA
  • Options
    the_Grinchthe_Grinch Member Posts: 4,165 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Ha million dollars a year....dare to dream I guess! Got loans to pay off so looking for a job is high on the list (feelers are out there and I've made some good contacts through Professors at my college). My goal now is to get CCENT, CCNA, CCNA:Security, and hopefully be approved to take the CEH exam. Finalizing some information to send into the EC-Council so we'll see how that pans out hopefully within a month! Also looking into graduate school, but going to see if I can find a company who will pick up the bill for that!
    WIP:
    PHP
    Kotlin
    Intro to Discrete Math
    Programming Languages
    Work stuff
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    I was out of school for 6 months and I wanted to go back actually, was kinda weird when I wasn't. Hence why I'm back in grad school now :D btw congrats!!!
  • Options
    jamesp1983jamesp1983 Member Posts: 2,475 ■■■■□□□□□□
    the_Grinch wrote:
    Welp, after four years I was offically allowed to apply for graduation. In 12 weeks (after a math, science, network security, and system analysis classes) I will be the proud owner of a BS in Computing and Security Technology. Just posting to let those who are working towards a degree that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I have the added bonus of being only the third person to graduate with the security degree (new program added the security side of computing) from my school. Yay me!

Congrats!! That is an amazing feeling and quite an accomplishment.
    "Check both the destination and return path when a route fails." "Switches create a network. Routers connect networks."
  • Options
    JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,029 Admin
    At a time when taxpayers must find ways to invest in themselves, a degree is an excellent thing to achieve for one's own future earning power.

Congratz! icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    wat08wat08 Member Posts: 128
    Cool. Do you mind if I ask what school you went to?