Options

CCNA -passed

RojeRoje Member Posts: 13 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi!

Yesterday I passed CCNA - 801 exam. For that I used a books from Todd Lammle and Cisco Press. I discovered this page and find few good explenations. I wonder did I make mistake taking 801 exam instead of 802. I finished academy on 3.1 V.
What about others exames for CCNA? Voice, security...

Thanks
This is my first post

Roje

Comments

• Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    congrats on the pass icon_smile.gif

wouldnt worry too much bout the 801 v 802....
    where to know ?? if your looking at security or voip or wireless then the new certs are the way to go.....
    else onwards to NP ..... your choice really....
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    congrats on the pass icon_smile.gif

wouldnt worry too much bout the 801 v 802....
    where to know ?? if your looking at security or voip or wireless then the new certs are the way to go.....
    else onwards to NP ..... your choice really....

Thanks!

I started with VoIP, just basics. But first I will enjoy for a minute
  • Options
    IT ManIT Man Member Posts: 159
    Congrats on the pass!!!
    Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll still land among the stars. - Les Brown
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Congrats on the pass!!
  • Options
    ironlungironlung Member Posts: 97 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats.
    Sometimes you just gotta bite the bullet.
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    congrats
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • Options
    kadshahkadshah Member Posts: 388 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats! Where are you located? I thought the 801 expired already.
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats and good going....Don't worry about 801 vs 802 just make sure you are up to speed on the additions to the 802 which you will be if you pursue CCNP anyway.

kadshah- Academy grads are grandfathered into taking the 801, that is why it was permitted.
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
  • Options
    remyforbes777remyforbes777 Member Posts: 499
    Congrats on the pass.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

You might want to take a look at the 802 blueprint to "see what you missed out on" -- but don't worry about it too much (unless you're going to be looking for a job soon and all the employers in your area want their new CCNA hires to know some Security and Wireless). Decide where you want to go (certification-wise) next and plan your future study accordingly.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    kadshah wrote:
    Congrats! Where are you located? I thought the 801 expired already.

Thanks for replays.

I'am located in Croatia, city Dubrovnik. You can take 801 exam only with promotional code until november 2009 (I think). Promotional code is given to students of academy V3.1. My class was probably last one by V3.1
    But I think that exams, 801,802 are not so diffrent. But 802 is newer.
  • Options
    ITdude wrote:
    Congrats and good going....Don't worry about 801 vs 802 just make sure you are up to speed on the additions to the 802 which you will be if you pursue CCNP anyway.

kadshah- Academy grads are grandfathered into taking the 801, that is why it was permitted.

You can't take CCNP with 801, you need to have 802.
  • Options
    Roje wrote:
    I'am located in Croatia, city Dubrovnik.

fantastic city.. been there a few times now and would love to live and work in the area....
    hows the job market for cisco there ???

swmbo wouldnt be too impressed as she knows i lust after the croation women too... and not just the lifestyle...... huge grin
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    Roje wrote:
    ITdude wrote:

i was under the impression your ccna had to be valid not that it had to be 802 v 801..... sure your not getting confused bout something else there ???
  • Options
    Roje wrote:
    I'am located in Croatia, city Dubrovnik.

fantastic city.. been there a few times now and would love to live and work in the area....
    hows the job market for cisco there ???

swmbo wouldnt be too impressed as she knows i lust after the croation women too... and not just the lifestyle...... huge grin

:) it is a beautiful city, but unfortunately there is no work around Cisco's equipment, the representation is small, at least in my part of the world. But I hope improvement is on the way
  • Options
    Roje wrote:
    ITdude wrote:

i was under the impression your ccna had to be valid not that it had to be 802 v 801..... sure your not getting confused bout something else there ???

I hope I'm wrong, but I do not think so. Yet I will check exactly. My plan is to try, within 3 years, before the CCNA expires, to pass the CCNP
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
  • Options
    mikej412 wrote:
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

You might want to take a look at the 802 blueprint to "see what you missed out on" -- but don't worry about it too much (unless you're going to be looking for a job soon and all the employers in your area want their new CCNA hires to know some Security and Wireless). Decide where you want to go (certification-wise) next and plan your future study accordingly.

the problem is that I am equally attracked to all. I know that I can't have all, I have to decide what next. I study 802 objectives, the diversity between two exames. It is not just the papir I want, the knowledge and experience is more important.