Options

help with a cisco switch

Phliplip112Phliplip112 Member Posts: 96 ■■□□□□□□□□
so Friday i was given a cisco 3548 :) but then i got home and found out that the IOS is not on it icon_sad.gif
and i don't have a IOS for it. so does anyone know where i can get one??

Comments

• Options
    hodgey87hodgey87 Member Posts: 232
    hi,

i believe you can get IOS from the cisco website, but you need to have at least a guest login to download the software.
  • Options
    how do you do that because when i tried to do it the impression i got was that i had be with a company that is a cisco partner.
  • Options
    malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
    how do you do that because when i tried to do it the impression i got was that i had be with a company that is a cisco partner.

correct, you need a CCO login. You obtain one of these if you have purchased kit through a reseller / partner.

You're only authorised to download the IOS for the product you've purchased.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Switch IOS images had been available with just a Guest Level account.... I haven't tried it lately so you'll have to see if it still works.

Check this thread http://www.techexams.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=33819 for the download instructions and see if it still works.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    thanx everyone i got it.

I was being stupid and trying to make a CCO account i didn't seen the guest register option for some reason.

i have one other question though - It has 2 slots that are empty, are these for Gigabit Ethernet modules or something?
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    i have one other question though - It has 2 slots that are empty, are these for Gigabit Ethernet modules or something?
    Yes. You need to buy an appropriate GBIC to use those slots.