Options

WOOOOO HOOOOO....One to go

wylie24wylie24 Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
icon_cheers.gif Well Just the other day, I sat in the little room and stared at the computer screen.. 1 hour later, I had emerged victorious from 70-215...... Now just to write 70-218 and I will have my MCSA..... I feel pumped....
Helpful Hint
> When your brain leaks out of your ears, you need to stop reading and play a game!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!

Best of luck on 70-218.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    alexander_ralexander_r Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Best of luck to you on your future exams! what did you study?
    Progress is not a slow process!
  • Options
    icon_study.gif For study material, I used the Mike Myers 70-215 Passport book and I also used the Microsoft MCSE self pased books, Server ON SITE and 70-215 Exam Crams. For tesing, I used the test engine from Exam Cram and the test engines on both this site and mcmcse.com. I really crammed for it and it paid off. I found the test to be easy because I was prepaired and ready for the material.

Of all the books that I did read, I found that the Mike Myers one was one of the best becasue it is no nonsence writing and not overly dry. The humor that is put in the book is just enough to keep you from falling asleep. As well the quizes in it help you with the Microsoft exams becasue we all know that they like to try and confuse you with their questions and available answers.

Hope this helped you out if you are looking at writing. Just keep this in mind, most people say that it is a killer but it is not all that hard.
    Helpful Hint
    > When your brain leaks out of your ears, you need to stop reading and play a game!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    dcyphr80dcyphr80 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I'm confused wylie24. ON the left where you list your certifications it state that you have MCSA, yet you need 218 to get it?
  • Options
    mikiemovmikiemov Member Posts: 182
    Well done, i cant see 70-218 posing any significant problems for you.
    A woman drove me to drink, and I didnt have the decency to thank her.
  • Options
    well as you can see from my certifications list, I have passed 218 to achieve my MCSA!!!!!! I found it to be pretty easy (compaired to the other ones). Now I am working on my Security+ course. I am hoping to have my MCSA:security within the year. Then on to MCSE:security and messaging. Not to mention MCDBA :P
    Helpful Hint
  • Options
    dcyphr80dcyphr80 Member Posts: 29 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Forgive me I'm a newbie when it comes to mixing and matching microsoft certs to get certain results. So lemme see if i got this right - I'm assuming that you are using a+ and Net+ for the electives for the MCSA. After you take Security+ You can swap them out for MCSA: Security?
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    dcyphr80 wrote:
    Forgive me I'm a newbie when it comes to mixing and matching microsoft certs to get certain results. So lemme see if i got this right - I'm assuming that you are using a+ and Net+ for the electives for the MCSA. After you take Security+ You can swap them out for MCSA: Security?

That's all he needs. Security+ counts as an elective for both MCSA, and MCSA:Security.

See this page for details, check footnote #5 at the bottom.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options

In order to get the MCSA:security, you have to do either the microsoft exam 70-227 or Security+ along with 70-214. Then you have your security specialization. As for the MCSE:security, it is the same but you need to also add 70-220 as well. That is the good thing with the CompTIA certs, they count towards other certs. icon_eek.gif lots of reading....Lots of reading....
    Helpful Hint
  • Options
    Ricka182Ricka182 Member Posts: 3,359
    wylie24 wrote:
    In order to get the MCSA:security, you have to do either the microsoft exam 70-227 or Security+ along with 70-214. Then you have your security specialization.

Ooops, forgot about 214.
    i remain, he who remains to be....
  • Options
    icon_confused.gif Wish me luck....in 5 days I take on Sec+.......
    Helpful Hint
  • Options
    swiftyswifty Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    congratulations!
    Todd, MCP:70-270