Options

Photography in testing centers

kpjunglekpjungle Member Posts: 426
Hi,

I read that some testing centers are taking a photography when you sign in. This didnt occur to me a week ago. Anyone else tested recently that didnt have their photo taken either, and is this required for the exam to be "valid"?
Studying for CCNP (All done)

Comments

• Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I took an exam a few weeks ago and didn't have a photo taken. I think they are in the process of implementing this but its not yet in place everywhere. I'm pretty sure your test is still valid (if not then quite a few people here are due for a retake!).

There is a thread on this in the CCNA forum if you want to check that out. Some had pictures taken some didn't.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    j4sj4s Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I had my photo taken at my previous exam, and then again at today's exam.

I also had to sign using a digital pad connected to the pc, all very top secret.

I asked and apparently you have to have your photo taken at every exam visit, in those centres that are hooked up, this is a change as for the first couple of exams I took at this centre they didnt have this setup.
  • Options
    kpjunglekpjungle Member Posts: 426
    j4s wrote:
    I had my photo taken at my previous exam, and then again at today's exam.

I also had to sign using a digital pad connected to the pc, all very top secret.

I asked and apparently you have to have your photo taken at every exam visit, in those centres that are hooked up, this is a change as for the first couple of exams I took at this centre they didnt have this setup.

I dont think this place was hooked up or had any such equipment, but still a certified Pearson Vue testing center (booked online). Just want to make sure my exam stands :)
    Studying for CCNP (All done)
  • Options
    redwarriorredwarrior Member Posts: 285
    I think they're still in the rollout process for this and it depends on the center you test at. I'd look for it to become a requirement for a center to be authorized to give Cisco exams in the near future, though. I'm just glad they don't put that picture on your certification paper or card! icon_lol.gif

CCNP Progress

ONT, ISCW, BCMSN - DONE

BSCI - In Progress

http://www.redwarriornet.com/ <--My Cisco Blog
  • Options
    kyusan93kyusan93 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just took my ccna today... also need to have photo taken and signature... suppose they scare that pple are taking for their friends...
    CCNA 640 - 802 100% Certified on 29/09/2008
    CCNP 0% Learning on the way
  • Options
    KaminskyKaminsky Member Posts: 1,235
    j4s wrote:
    I asked and apparently you have to have your photo taken at every exam visit, in those centres that are hooked up ...

It could be so that they can monitor how haggered you look after each level of learning.
    Kam.