test sims for VCP?

njcowboynjcowboy Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
I took the 4 day VCP-310 course and found it very useful.
I have about 3 months hands on before I took the course.

As you know it is a requirement to take the course before you can pass the test and become a VCP.

Are there any good test sims out there? I am not looking for brain ****, but trying to get a judgement of what is on the test and to test my current knowledge to see if I should take the exam now or study further.

I saw one from exam worx that seemed to have well worded questions and some exhibits. I am just not sureif the questions are easier or harder than the exam.

I do not believe exam worx to be a Brain ****. If it is, it has me fooled and please edit this post.

Any recommendations from others who are now a VCP?

Comments

• tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    CertGuard has that site listed as a braindump site. As for tests, no clue. I just went through my lab books from the VCP courses.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    http://www.petri.co.il/forums/showthread.php?p=69682

That's probably the closest you're going to come to a practice test.

Did the site get edited out? Wrox is a great publisher, but they don't have anything for the VCP that I know of. Everything I've seen (not literally) when searching for VCP practice exams appeared to be ****. None of the major practice exam vendors have one.

My instructor recommended these resources for additional reading:

Configuration Maximums for VMware Infrastructure 3

ESX Server 3 and VirtualCenter Installation Guide

ESX Server 3 Configuration Guide

Fibre Channel SAN Configuration Guide

iSCSI SAN Configuration Guide

http://www.vmware.com/support/pubs/vi_pages/vi_pubs_35u2.html
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    dynamik wrote:
    Did the site get edited out? Wrox is a great publisher, but they don't have anything for the VCP that I know of. Everything I've seen (not literally) when searching for VCP practice exams appeared to be ****. None of the major practice exam vendors have one.
    Worx not Wrox :)
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    Yeah the resources dynamik listed are your best bet along with your course manuals - probably 95% of the exam draws from there along with the PDFs. Good luck and let us know how it goes for you.
  • dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    What can I say? I put the sexy in dyslexia icon_cool.gif
  • astorrsastorrs Member Posts: 3,139 ■■■■■■□□□□
    dynamik wrote:
    What can I say? I put the sexy in dyslexia icon_cool.gif
    icon_lol.gif