Options

Testout

Honky007Honky007 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi there,

I'm just getting to chapter 8 in the Testout for 70-270 series.

That guy has quite the moustache!!

It's been good, but I haven't seen anything on RIS in there as yet, and have seen alot of talk about it on here.

Can anyone recommend some good resources?

I would have thought Testout would have been enough, like once I start ace-ing the practise test?

Can't wait to pass this thing...

It's been way too long coming!!

Cheers everybody, this is a top site.

Comments

• Options
    msnelgrovemsnelgrove Member Posts: 167
    There is a younger guy on the 70-290 testout and every time he says resources, to me, it sounds like he is saying race horses :P

I used the MS Press book to study and it explained RIS well enough for me to pass the test. There are also the Technotes on this site which are very useful. You can also search Microsoft's technet library for RIS help and setup.
  • Options
    someehsomeeh Member Posts: 143
    What's up guys!

I start my MCP class this Saturday, I want to make sure I have all the material necessary to pass this test when I decide I'm ready. I been reading alot of people using the MS press books. Are there any current versions anybody suggest? where can I get the book from?

Thanks,

Luis
  • Options
    Honky007Honky007 Member Posts: 26 ■□□□□□□□□□
    "Race-Horses!" hahaha..

That's classic.

Seriously the guy in 70-270 has the madest Mo(ustache) I have seen in a while!

GO MO MAN!
  • Options
    ComputerLover1ComputerLover1 Member Posts: 71 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey Someeh

I just purchased mines from : www.amazon.com for 37.50 where MS wants close to 60 bucks for this book . The second edition is the latest edition and it covers SP2 which is what the XP exam is based upon . It has alot of bonuses too included in the book . I also purchased XP Professional Fast Pass by :Sybex as a good reference which also came with a CD -Rom too .

Good Luck
    Without struggles there can not be progress
  • Options
    someehsomeeh Member Posts: 143
    Hey Someeh

I just purchased mines from : www.amazon.com for 37.50 where MS wants close to 60 bucks for this book . The second edition is the latest edition and it covers SP2 which is what the XP exam is based upon . It has alot of bonuses too included in the book . I also purchased XP Professional Fast Pass by :Sybex as a good reference which also came with a CD -Rom too .

Good Luck

I didn't want to wait on amazon so I purchased the book at barnes and nobles retail price =0/. I started reading it last night, I suppose when I go to class tomorrow they will be using the sybex book, since that's all I see in the school office.

Thanks for the info.