Options

What happens when you pass

cheesecouponscheesecoupons Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi there,
If I pass the N+ I will be taking in a few weeks, how is the score presented. I know with Microsoft that you get a shhet with bars and eventually something in the mail.
How does the N+ work? The reason I ask is because I will have to show 'proof' to my boss and don't want to be embarassed if I "just barely" pass. I am hoping CompTia just says 'pass'.

thanks all

Comments

• Options
    TurgonTurgon Banned Posts: 6,308 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Hi there,
    If I pass the N+ I will be taking in a few weeks, how is the score presented. I know with Microsoft that you get a shhet with bars and eventually something in the mail.
    How does the N+ work? The reason I ask is because I will have to show 'proof' to my boss and don't want to be embarassed if I "just barely" pass. I am hoping CompTia just says 'pass'.

thanks all

I have no idea if you get a score or a topic breakdown. If you only just squeak through you will have to tell the boss that it is a very difficult test and that he needs to give you time on works time to prepare properly for these things. Many of us study on private time but if the boss is expecting certification results from employees it's only fair time is provided on works time to prepare.

Always assuming of course that you haven't already been given sufficient time to do get up for this exam..that's a different matter!
  • Options
    bertiebbertieb Member Posts: 1,031 ■■■■■■□□□□
    My sec+ printout report had a score on it, but the certificate you'll get through the post certainly won't. So, if you're worried about what your boss thinks if you only just scrape by (you shouldn't be, a pass is a pass), then you could always wait a few weeks for the certificate and show that to the boss instead.

Of course, if you get a really good score make sure you stick the printout report right under his/her nose so they can't miss it icon_wink.gif
    The trouble with quotes on the internet is that you can never tell if they are genuine - Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    KGhaleonKGhaleon Member Posts: 1,346 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Just got to man up and pass with flying colors. His opinion isn't that important, right? icon_lol.gif
    You shouldn't have problems with the test as long as you study hard.
    Present goals: MCAS, MCSA, 70-680
  • Options
    rfult001rfult001 Member Posts: 407
    It does show the score as well as the minimum passing score and grading scale. It will also give you breakdown of what you are weak on.

Study hard and you should do fine. It is not a difficult test.
  • Options
    DakinggamerDakinggamer Member Posts: 5 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yeah thats all it takes. My test is next week I'm getting the voucher on Monday...
    Certifications:
    *Associate of Applied Science in Information Technology
    *CompTIA A+
    *CompTIA Network+

In progress:
    MCP (70-270), MCDST (70-271,70-272), MCSA(70-290,70-291)
  • Options
    TravR1TravR1 Member Posts: 332
    My score was on my printout, but don't worry about it - I'm sure you will do just fine.
    Austin Community College, certificate of completion: C++ Programming.
    Sophomore - Computer Science, Mathematics