Options

Adventure games

2»

Comments

• Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    I played HoMM 1-3 and enjoyed 2 the most of them all. Any original Might & Magic fans? I played 1 & 2 a whole bunch on my good ol' Apple IIgs. It was tought but Dragon Wars I think was the most difficult one I played of that style game. I remember walking just a few steps and then having my whole party die in that game. I loved the frustration!
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    LBC90805LBC90805 Member Posts: 247
    I feel that Resident Evil is an extension of the Adventure Game genre. Only got into R.E II really though. That was when I was in Community College and could fart around even going to skewl and doing homework. When I started going to a real University, all that stopped.

Now if I have time to play a video game I have time to study for certification. So I study instead. Besides messing with Emulators and Simulators is about as fun as playing video games in my view. That is a sick and twisted view really. I find pleasure from figuring technical issues out.
  • Options
    henserljhenserlj Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    undomiel wrote:
    I played HoMM 1-3 and enjoyed 2 the most of them all. Any original Might & Magic fans? I played 1 & 2 a whole bunch on my good ol' Apple IIgs. It was tought but Dragon Wars I think was the most difficult one I played of that style game. I remember walking just a few steps and then having my whole party die in that game. I loved the frustration!

Yes...I played the MM series...I really enjoy the role playing games. Building a party and winnning the game is great. I never import my party to the next game...always liked to build fresh.

My favorite tactic in the game was to get a flying potion and rain arrows down on the monsters from above like the orcs icon_twisted.gif
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    KGhaleon wrote:
    Some more recent adventure games that I really liked were the Syberia series(1 and 2) and "The Longest Journey" followed by the sequel "Dreamfall." I'd definitely recommend picking them up somewhere or online.
    I bought TLJ bundle on Steam because of your recommendation and ya, its pretty good! I tried the sequel for a few minutes and the camera is a little strange but hopefully I'll get used to it when I get around to playing it.
  • Options
    datchchadatchcha Member Posts: 265
    The Bard's Tale...rules...think i played back in 1986, and if i remember right...it was on the Commodore 64.

and Ultima series
    Arrakis
  • Options
    ally_ukally_uk Member Posts: 1,145 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Ah yes the adventure game genre

Broken Sword 1 - absolute classic
    Toonstruck
    Monkey Island 1+2
    Indiana Jones and the last crusade / Fate of Atlantis
    Blade Runner
    Syberia
    Leisure Suit Larry Series
    The orignal Sam and Max

Shame there arn't many around today I think the adventure game genre needs to come back!

check out www.adventuregamestudio.co.uk for fan made games
    Microsoft's strategy to conquer the I.T industry

" Embrace, evolve, extinguish "