Options

getting a good job

nigelcramnigelcram Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Recently I have obtained my Associate's Degree in Computer Science added to A+, Network+ and Security+. I am now studying CCNA then going on to CCNP and CCSP. Wanna go for my Masters next year. So hopefully i'll get a good job later on this year. I only have 2 years experience working as an Assistant Webmaster/Tech Support. Ohh yeah i have been unemployed for the past year. But i have acheived so much in that year off that I feel as if I can do anything I put my mind to. It certainly does feel good to have acheived so much within a negative situation. Instead of being down and depressed about being out of work....I recognised the fact that i was not marketable and did something about it. Now don't get me wrong, I was still working but on my own....building, maintaining and fixing family and friends systems which eventually got me higher up the ladder installing, configuring and maintaining businesses as well. I had partners who started off with their own ideas for businesses and were keen on an IT person they trusted. So I was not making much money. For me, once I had and have money to pay for exams and a lil extra to put in the bank i am cool.
I have been sending out applications like crazy but no one seems to be willing to give me a chance. I have been thinking long and hard and have also been doing alot of research and have decided that I will relocate to England later this year. I have an option available to me and its the right time to use it. Once I am CCNP certified at least I should fare well....hopefully. I'm seeing alot of jobs asking for CCNP at least. I am also going up to do my Master's next year as I like the syllabus up there by many a University. I know ppl always talk bout checking the cost of living and everything first.....done that also.....and it works out good. Also I'm getting some help in finding a job up there by a reputable company that I have been doing online classes with. So everything's working out so far.
what do u gurus think?
you think i got a reasonable chance?
whatever the outcome....i will not give up......i love Networking and Security and who's to tell me differently.....
lol
Nigel

Comments

• Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    You got your Associates recently and are going for your Masters degree? I'm confused...

Other than that, it sounds like you've got it all planned out and I hope it works for you.
  • Options
    nigelcramnigelcram Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I obtained an Advanced Diploma from a Top UK institution that affords me the choice of either going for a B.Sc or an M.Sc. In my country as it stands now I only have access to a B.Sc that's why I say its an Associate Degree.
    Nigel