Options

Passed this morning w/660

mjonesmjones Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
Passed the Network+ this morning. :D

STUDY OSI, NOVELL, ROUTING Protocols (RIP,OSPF), PORTS and Cable Lengths.

I had at least 7 questions that I never ever heard of. One questions had something to do with butt ends?

After the test, the testing center tried to recruit me into one of it's Boot Camps (MCSA or CCNA). I am thinking about it but the price is very hefty ($5000 for MCSA, $2000 CCNA)

I am still not certain what I want to do next (70-620 or CCENT). If I do the 70-620 I have to Install Vista (does anyone know what would be the best version that covers all the test questions?)

If I go the CCENT route do I need a lab/equipment? I often read on this site that people intall their own labs or could I just do this buy self-study along with the tech notes from this site?

Eventually I am going to need some hands on which I hope to obtain real soon.

I want to thank the members of this site, especially Dynamikfor answering all of my questions and giving me much needed advice!!! bowing.gif

Comments

• Options
    rfult001rfult001 Member Posts: 407
    for the 70-620, use Vista Ultimate if it is available, you can get by with Enterprise or Business though.

for the CCENT, try using packet tracer or dynamips if you can't get you hands on the actual gear.
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Congrats on the pass and good luck on the future exams!!
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    rfult001 wrote:
    for the 70-620, use Vista Ultimate if it is available, you can get by with Enterprise or Business though.

Actually, I'd go with Home Premium if you can't get your hands on Ultimate. It's more of a home-user exam, and you're going to miss out on some of that with those two. Most media will allow you to install any version without a key as a trial though, so it shouldn't be a problem to go with Ultimate.

Congratulations on the pass!
  • Options
    morpheousmorpheous Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass my friend,i was a wreck before i saw the "congratulations you passed" message on the screen,hands sweating,forehead sweating. scored 599,its not high like most on techexams but hey..i'll take it!

what cert is next for you? ^_^
    Programmers Do Not Throw Salty Pretzels Away
  • Options
    MishraMishra Member Posts: 2,468 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    My blog http://www.calegp.com

You may learn something!