Options

Vista three monitor setup

Ok, I am really new to vista, and in my past battles with XP, I could simply take a pci video card and load driver and be down the road.

However my current setup is:

Nvidia Quadro NVS 290...

I can go dual monitors, NP...

So if I put in a pci video card -

ati radeon x1550 pci - the driver won't load - I've spent time with ati tech support and his technology support.

This is his response...

Dear Bobby:

Yes, I'm telling you 2 video cards(Especially different manufacturers) in 1 machine is not supported.

The use of the PCI slots is used for other peripheral devices besides video cards(MODEMS, LAN CARDS, SOUND CARDS, ETC).

If you need 3 monitors you should obtain a card that supports this.

Regards, Rick T.

forgive my stupidity, but am I missing something - what do I need to do to three monitors on vista?
"You have to hate to lose more than you love to win"

Comments

• Options
    dabve3dabve3 Member Posts: 77 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It is possible to have three monitors in Vista. I found out the hard way that all the video cards must use the same driver or one of the cards will be disabled by Vista. Find a Nvidia PCI card to put in your machine and then you should be able to use three monitors.
  • Options
    Tyrant1919Tyrant1919 Member Posts: 519 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've done 3 in Vista, 3rd one being my projector. Had a 7800gtx and a 6800 gs in my computer and 3 worked fine. 3 also works fine with two ATI 3870s. I would higly recommend sticking to the same brand of video card. Don't mix ATI and NVIDIA.
    A+/N+/S+/L+/Svr+
    MCSA:03/08/12/16 MCSE:03s/EA08/Core Infra
    CCNA
  • Options
    rdix2501rdix2501 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just read in my vista book to checkout microsoft.com/whdc/device/display/multimonvista.mspx
    for you answer dealing with more then one monitor.
    B.S. Management Information Systems
    MCSA: Security W.I.P.