Test Out vs CBT Videos

rdix2501rdix2501 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm stuck on if it's really worth the extra money to buy Test Out over CBT.
B.S. Management Information Systems
MCSA: Security W.I.P.

Comments

• SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    It depends on the exam. Both products, in my opinion, are excellent all around. When you're starting out on a particular exam, ask poke around in the specific forum for that topic, then ask around for advice. Most people here will tell you which they prefer, for what exam. (And they'll tell you which one they don't recommend for a particular exam.)

For example, I thought that the CBT Nuggets videos were excellent for the MCSE exams, and a little bit superior to the TestOut material. For the CCNA (640-801) exam, I felt that I got more out of the TestOut course. Of course, in my case, I was fortunate enough to have access to both types of training through work and school. One thing worth noting, though, is that you're not going to go wrong with either. With at least one good dead-tree study guide and a computer-based source, (as well as hands-on learning,) you'll be in good shape either way.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • rdix2501rdix2501 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm going the MCSA: Security route. I have the -620 sch for Oct 24th and I already have security+.
    B.S. Management Information Systems
    MCSA: Security W.I.P.