Options

Mike Meyers vs Exam Cram?

mobri09mobri09 Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 723
Well i have both now. I finished reading the exam cram 2 since it was my first book. Not to sure if i am happy with it. They left a few good important things out of it. Now for the Mike Meyers passport book it seems to be more detail and show more visual diagrams. I picked it up at a local used book store and was wondering if Mike Meyers only made 1 passport book because i dont want an old one. Its dated 2002..Could anyone tell me if i picked up the right one? Not saying the exam cram2 is bad...it does explain some things in really good understanding detail.

Comments

• Options
    bighuskerbighusker Member Posts: 147
    The Network+ test hasn't been updated in quite some time, so the 2002 should be the most current one. Between those and the technotes on this site, that should be more than enough to pass. It's not that bad of a test. Good luck. :D
  • Options
    Thanks, This is my first Cert i am going for and i keep going to schedule the appointment and then i chicken out. I want to ace it so bad!
  • Options
    garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    I passed with exam cram2. Its a book for those who need review and fillers for the test. Myers book is thick.
  • Options
    mobri09 wrote:
    Thanks, This is my first Cert i am going for and i keep going to schedule the appointment and then i chicken out. I want to ace it so bad!

Just make sure you take it while the info is still fresh in your mind. I know people who keep convincing themselves that they're not ready to take the test, and they just forget most of the information. Don't worry about acing it either...a 646 score is just as good as a 900 as far as CompTIA is concerened.
  • Options
    Thanks i am going to schedule the exam tonight!
  • Options
    Good luck. I'm sure you'l do great. :)