Options

Sitting BSCI tomorrow morning (UPDATE: PASSED..finally)

13»

Comments

• Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats man!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    Mrock4Mrock4 Banned Posts: 2,359 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Awesome man. Congrats. Now kick me in the ass and hit repeat until I get this monkey off my back....

Man, you are way too good with this stuff to not get it very soon. If I could pass that beast it'll be too easy for you.

thank you to everyone..I'm incredibly relieved to pass, and just as excited to begin the next test. I might go a somewhat alternate route, and go after the ISCW or ONT before BCMSN. We shall see.

Also, so I can maybe be of help to those who have yet to taken the BSCI, here's my quick thoughts of my 3 attempts:

-You don't have to be a BGP pro, but know the theory behind BGP pretty well, and know your show commands. Truthfully, they weren't that technical on BGP.

-Multicasting is a lot about theory as well, although if you lab it up to see the actual changes in your network based on changes in the RP and stuff..it'll be a huge help.

-EIGRP was hit pretty well. A lot more than I expected. Know the routing table well, and the behavior of EIGRP as it relates to changes in the network.

All in all, I'm sure it's no surprise, but do plenty of labs. It's not required, but the concepts tend to stick a lot better when you've seen them in action.
  • Options
    cisco_troopercisco_trooper Member Posts: 1,441 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Mrock4 wrote:
    Awesome man. Congrats. Now kick me in the ass and hit repeat until I get this monkey off my back....

Man, you are way too good with this stuff to not get it very soon. If I could pass that beast it'll be too easy for you.

thank you to everyone..I'm incredibly relieved to pass, and just as excited to begin the next test. I might go a somewhat alternate route, and go after the ISCW or ONT before BCMSN. We shall see.

Yeah, rockin OSPF right now amazed at how much I've forgotten... icon_evil.gif
  • Options
    Yeah, rockin OSPF right now amazed at how much I've forgotten... icon_evil.gif

In two days you'll be the OSPF guru, it's sick.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Mrock4 wrote:
    Passed
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

I've had good luck with dark green, light blue, and bright blue polo shirts on exams. But I haven't found the right color yet for the CCIE Lab Exam yet. :D
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    AlexMRAlexMR Member Posts: 275
    Mrock4 wrote:

I have been averaging 4-6 cans of red bull per night. My schedule for the last 2 weeks has been work, come home, eat, study till approx 3am, wake up at 8am, go to work, repeat.

First, congrats ont he pass!!

Second, MORE important, is that I have to strongly suggest that you be careful with your sleep and study habits. I have been extremely busy and waas doing that for a couple months. ALl of the sudden I wa sfeeling really tired and my liufts in the gym were dropping incredibly. I was feeling like crap. One day i was fine and the next it was hard for me to stand up from a chair.

After something else happen I decided to go tot he doctor and I was diagnosed with severe fatigue. I only had to satrt sleeping at least 7hours and meditation, and after 3 weeks Im feeling awesome.

Sometime we put too much pressure on ourselves and to some level that is good...the line that divides the healthy pressure from killing stress is not that noticeable.

Once again, congratulations!!!
    [/b]
    Training/Studying for....CCNP (BSCI) and some MS.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    mikej412 wrote:
    I've had good luck with dark green, light blue, and bright blue polo shirts on exams. But I haven't found the right color yet for the CCIE Lab Exam yet. :D

Hot pink, trust me ;)

Congrats to the OP! :D
  • Options
    shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
    Congrats on the pass!!
  • Options
    miller811miller811 Member Posts: 897
    Congrats
    I don't claim to be an expert, but I sure would like to become one someday.

Quest for 11K pages read in 2011
    Page Count total to date - 1283
  • Options
    jeanathanjeanathan Member Posts: 163
    Passed finally. 877 was my final score.

Third time is a charm!!

Congratulations man you deserve it after all that hard work and perseverance icon_cool.gif

I also watched Jeremy Ciora's outstanding BGP Theory CBT nugget this morning before the test, to make sure I was sharp on that stuff.

I now get a week off until I begin on the next exam...this time I'm not scheduling that sucker for a good 4-6 weeks..at least..

Ciora is a very enthusiastic instructor and understands the larger concepts. I am using his ISCW nugget to study right now. Take the week off man, you deserverve it after whooping the BSCI :D
    Struggling through the re-certification process after 2 years of no OJT for the CCNP.
  • Options
    scheistermeisterscheistermeister Member Posts: 748 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!
    Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
  • Options
    Yeah, I have the 2003 CBT Nugget Archive from work..I couldn't stand to watch the CCNP ones. Jeremy Ciora is just super animated, and keeps me interested.

I've had a day off..I'm ready to get back to work here after this coming weekend (when I'll celebrate). Not sure what my next move is at the moment.