Options

Passed 70-210, try to get job or get MCSE?

MindrakerMindraker Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi, I just passed my 70-210. I am working hard to get my MCSE, because I have no computer job experience, and I have a disability which puts an even harder clinch on getting a job.
What is the sequence of exams that you are following?
Are you planning on getting a computer related job before you get your MCSE?
Do you feel like employers are jumping up and down now that you have your MCP certification? Or is the magic word "MCSE"?

Comments

• Options
    TechGeekProTechGeekPro Member Posts: 54 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I hate to be discouraging but, I've had my MCP for over 3 years now. I have concluded that it, by itself, isn't worth spit. Considering that it now seems to take at least an MCSE just to get a job at a Call Center, I would say that the MCP is pretty worthless.

My 2¢ anyway... icon_confused.gif
    Not only am I certified, I'm certifiable.
  • Options
    KernelXPKernelXP Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Don't be discouraged; when I first started I had no qualifications. I would suggest that you do some volunteer work and help out where you can, get yourself known in the local IT circles.

Remain positive.
  • Options
    imfrom51imfrom51 Member Posts: 97 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Don't be discouraged; when I first started I had no qualifications. I would suggest that you do some volunteer work and help out where you can, get yourself known in the local IT circles.

Remain positive.

Some great advice here. "Network". Also, as I've said before, use your other skills. This industry is not just about I.T. You need people skills, management skills, and anything else that you are good at.
  • Options
    MindrakerMindraker Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks, guys. That is helpful.
    It is getting a little silly now, when I call up my ISP for customer service and I feel like throttling the customer service idiot who doesn't even know what "DHCP" is. icon_mad.gif