Options

Certification Stock Market

Interesting article to share. Seems the five letter word (CISSP) that I am working on is still in demand in these tough times, as are a few other security IT certs.

Teaser:

"Of the 165 certified skills we survey, only 17 increased in value over last year"

http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/news/article/0,289142,sid14_gci1331618,00.html

Comments

• Options
    sexion8sexion8 Member Posts: 242
    Interesting POV...

CISM at 27.3%, the Certified Hacking Forensics Investigator (CHFI) at 14.3%, ... CISSP at 8.3%.

I'm seated for the CISM and have the CHFI, ISC2 are being erratic with me right now even with so many endorsements I have from other CISSP's. So I wonder what will happen when by next year my business card becomes... I don't know say:

MyNameHere
    OSCP, CNDA, C|EH, CHFI, SGFE, SGFA,
    CISM, CPTS, CPTE, OPST, OPSE, OPSA

Do I retire, do I write a book... Personally, I'll just order more equipment, drink coffee and talk poop when I can.
    "Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius
  • Options
    LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    sexion8 wrote:
    ISC2 are being erratic with me right now even with so many endorsements I have from other CISSP's.

You mentioned this before in a different thread, what do you mean? Did you pass the CISSP or SSCP and have trouble with the endorsement?
  • Options
    LarryDaManLarryDaMan Member Posts: 797
    sexion8 wrote:
    MyNameHere
    OSCP, CNDA, C|EH, CHFI, SGFE, SGFA,
    CISM, CPTS, CPTE, OPST, OPSE, OPSA

Just alphabet soup to the average person, but great bragging rights amongst the security crowd I suppose. :D
  • Options
    sexion8sexion8 Member Posts: 242
    LarryDaMan wrote:
    You mentioned this before in a different thread, what do you mean? Did you pass the CISSP or SSCP and have trouble with the endorsement?

ISC2 because of their policies are asking me for a lengthy dossier on myself of which I've thrown together. This started back in April and I was supposed to submit it to them before August 3rd. I had everything put together for them and one of their employees who moved to a different department never pushed it through to the powers that be.

The exam was paid for (corporate) and was pending the OK from ISC upper echelon people... Never made it to them before August 3rd. I've contacted everyone I could there who after this morning mind you, managed to determine what happened... So guess what they did... Round robin mechanism of going through the same thing... "We'll email you the instructions, etc., etc., etc"

A close friend of mines contributed to much of the physical security portions of the exam and I know others who've written books who are willing to sponsor me and ISC2 seems to be confused when people call on my behalf, etc., they're aware who I am immediately when I call them, I just don't know what the heck they're doing.

You see, I fall into one of those 1 in 31 people the DoJ talks about: About 3.2 percent of the U.S. adult population, or 1 in every 31 adults, was in the nation's prisons or jails or on probation or parole at the end of 2006. http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/newsroom/pressreleases/2007/BJS08004.htm for something that happen years ago and I immediately disclosed this to them. Its public record, so I have no problem disclosing it. They immediately wanted to know who what why... Sure no problem, who should I send this to? ... Silence for now 5 months.

Strangely, I correspond and have trained people in Infragard from time to time, no need to mention more than this... And even they're puzzled about it. I've got references from 2 people in Interpol, about four character references from the federal level to the state level not to menion their own CISSP's yet they're still busting my chops. Funny thing is, I know factually three CISSP's who's history makes me look like a choir boy. The CISSP is actually little value to me personally, I'm strictly pursuing the cert now BECAUSE of their policies.
    "Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius