Options

QOS Book

kryollakryolla Member Posts: 785
Has anybody read End to End QOS book. I just ordered it to help with my ONT exam. I have the ONT exam cert guide, QOS exam cert guide, both I read over the summer and will have to read again and now this book. I still need to go over the QOS section on 12.4 config guide.

http://www.amazon.com/End-End-QoS-Network-Design/dp/1587051761/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1222990952&sr=8-1
Studying for CCIE and drinking Home Brew

Comments

• Options
    josunin75josunin75 Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm also looking for that book!

642-642 exam prep.

Anyone has any suggestion?

icon_rolleyes.gif
    =============================
    on to BCMSN ^=============^

<Lab>
    2 x 3550 EMI
    2 x 2950
    2 x 3640
    1 x 2621
    =============================
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    I hear that Cisco Catalyst QoS: Quality of Service in Campus Networks also comes highly recommended, since it's even listed on the CCIE R&S book list as well as the one for CCIE Service Provider.

As for 642-642 prep, isn't the Cisco QOS Exam Certification Guide geared towards that exam?

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    I got the book and once I am done with QOS exam cert guide by next week I will read it. So far I finished chapters 1-6 on the QOS exam cert guide and this second time reading it is starting to make more sense. I am working nights so I have a lot of down time here at work lol. Chapter 6 was interesting policing and shaping and which tool uses Bc and Be as bits and which tool uses bytes. Also figuring out how many bits or bytes you can send each interval and any excess you can send once accumulated. Manipulating Bc in order to change Tc. A lot of info for me to consume.
  • Options
    mwgoodmwgood Member Posts: 293
    I recommend Wendell Odom's QOS Book highly.
  • Options
    Well I finished Odom QOS exam cert guide which goes into depth about the different tools and the formulas. The end to end qos book is a good follow up and it doesnt go into much detail but talks about how they all interact with each other in a lan, wan, and vpn environment. There is also a WLAN section which is good. I got one more chapter to read from that book VPN design. Now I know how important catalyst qos is, so for my ccie study I am going to get the cat qos book. Is anybody else feeling that going for the upper level certs you do a lot of reading or is it just me. My bookcase is full of cisco books. I am getting IE WB3 and ios architecture book next week I need to know more about buffers and I am tired of doing technology specific labs. I learn by knowing the big picuture then digging deeper so IEWB3 will be good then once I know my weak spots conecentrate on that specific technology. I am not going into WB3 without any labs done. I have completed IEWB1 and Narbik The Foundation and watched IE COD. Then finish reading cisco docs for qos and doing qos labs from Narbik foundation work book and then take my ONT exam next month probably the week before thanksgiving.