Options

As one door closes....

AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
...another one opens

In my case this is so true. I recently heard back from Qwest and with the current economic woes they have decided to pull the job rec which means I won't be moving to MLS. The day after I am told this a resident engineer from Juniper gives me a call and wants me to apply for a job at Time Warner in Denver. I gave them my resume a few days ago and I have an interview setup for Monday.

The job would be about the same thing as the Qwest job, a bit more advanced, I'd be directly working with L3, L2, and VPLS vpns, but then again the pay will be more too :D

Right now I'm reviewing all the material that I think could pop up in the interview, it's exciting but so nerve racking at the same time.
"Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender

Comments

• Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck mate,

hope all goes well!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    jryantechjryantech Member Posts: 623
    Well since your one of the ten people in the world who has Juniper certs I think you'll be able to get the job! Haha icon_lol.gif

Sounds like a great opportunity I'm sure you'll nab it.
    "It's Microsoft versus mankind with Microsoft having only a slight lead."
    -Larry Ellison, CEO, Oracle

Studying: SCJA
  • Options
    learningtofly22learningtofly22 Member Posts: 159
    good luck! These are the months for TE new jobs, you'll get it. May the force be with you.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Good Luck on your Interview!! icon_cool.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Good luck!

Sounds like an exciting opportunity.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    As always, thanks for the encouragement, no just to get rid of these pre-interview jitters

-Bender
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Well, it's not Minneapolis (icon_cry.gif), but at least you get out of Utah, eh?

Good luck!
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    Yeah come on Aldur! Kick off the TE October conquests! I like Denver, too bad the job there for me didn't pull through. Good luck!
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/
  • Options
    dynamik wrote:
    Well, it's not Minneapolis (icon_cry.gif), but at least you get out of Utah, eh?

Good luck!

Ya it was too bad that job feel through, I was really looking forward to moving to minneapolis.

-Bender
  • Options
    jetfanjetfan Member Posts: 112 ■■■□□□□□□□
    good luck on the interview
  • Options
    Just had my interview with Time Warner Telecomm and I have to say it went extremely well. I was able to answer all the questions I was asked and at the end of the interview I was told that they were going to talk to HR to fly me out there for a face to face interview. :D

-Bender
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Sounds like this was a good break for you, their response sounds very promising. Best of luck with the face-to-face interview. :D

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.