Options

70-290 - Command line based questions?

stevem5kstevem5k Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi, I've begun studying for the 290 exam and hope to take it at the end of month. I was just curious, for those of you who have taken the exam already, did you run into any questions emphasizing the command line AD functions such as as CSVDE, LDIFDE, etc?

Right now I'm just focusing on getting all of the concepts and "big picture" and I'd just like to know if I really need to commit to learning the syntax and all of the uses of the command line right now or if I should just get the basic functions and focus on picking the rest up as I work through the remainder of my MCSA-MCSE track.

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You should be able to explain what each tool is used for as well as which tool would be appropriate to use in a given scenario. I don't think you're going to see any questions where you have to decipher a difficult syntax string.
  • Options
    msnelgrovemsnelgrove Member Posts: 167
    know the difference between dsquery and dsget, dsmod vs dsmove etc. Play around with each of them for a while until you are comfortable with them -- should only take 10 minutes :D
  • Options
    stevem5kstevem5k Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the tips guys, its all starting to come together, but its nice to know where to focus your efforts.