Options

70-260 vs 70-262 some questions

TrinitynzxtTrinitynzxt Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
So I was looking originally at getting my MCDST. But after some heavy thought figured why certify myself in old technology. So I started looking at Vista certifications. And found the 70-260 and 70-262 and wanted to know a bit about both.

From what I've gathered 260 is more consumer based where as 262 is more enterprise / corprate helpdesk. Is this true?

For the 262 test if you pass what does that give you? Is it just an MCP like if you were to take and pass 70-270 or does it qualify you for a MCTS or does it automatically give you the MCITP.

I currently have been doing Helpdesk / Desktop support (Tier 2) and wanted to know which one would be the better of the two to take. Also obviously which of the two are harder and regarding studying time frames I know that people learn at their own pace. But like with the MCDST it seemed at least for me it was around 1 month to get ready for each test. How do these compare?

Also where does the 70-261 fit in. Is it solely to upgrade from the MCDST or can it be used to become an MCTS or MCITP?

Any other information would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    So I was looking originally at getting my MCDST. But after some heavy thought figured why certify myself in old technology. So I started looking at Vista certifications. And found the 70-260 and 70-262 and wanted to know a bit about both.

Keep in mind that many places have XP in use and no desire to upgrade to Vista, so the MCDST exams are still very relevant. Also, I'll assume you're being a bit dyslexic and mean 620 and 622 ;)
    From what I've gathered 260 is more consumer based where as 262 is more enterprise / corprate helpdesk. Is this true?

Correct.
    For the 262 test if you pass what does that give you? Is it just an MCP like if you were to take and pass 70-270 or does it qualify you for a MCTS or does it automatically give you the MCITP.

MCTS. You need 620 and 622 or MCDST and 621 to obtain the MCITP: EST.
    I currently have been doing Helpdesk / Desktop support (Tier 2) and wanted to know which one would be the better of the two to take. Also obviously which of the two are harder and regarding studying time frames I know that people learn at their own pace. But like with the MCDST it seemed at least for me it was around 1 month to get ready for each test. How do these compare?

I don't know if either MCTS or MCITP are going to mean a lot at the moment. They are both very new certifications, which is another reason you may want to go with the MCDST.
    Also where does the 70-261 fit in. Is it solely to upgrade from the MCDST or can it be used to become an MCTS or MCITP?

Upgrade from MCDST to MCITP: EST. You'll get an MCTS as well, but that's not that exciting.
    Any other information would be greatly appreciated.

I'd encourage you to go with MCDST and then use 621 to upgrade to MCITP: EST. That'll cover all your bases, and it's only one more exam.
  • Options
    BradleyHUBradleyHU Member Posts: 918 ■■■■□□□□□□
    the 622 is enterprise based, and the 623 is consumer based...
    Link Me
    Graduate of the REAL HU & #1 HBCU...HAMPTON UNIVERSITY!!! #shoutout to c/o 2004
    WIP: 70-410(TBD) | ITIL v3 Foundation(TBD)