Options

A help please ASAP

ycf.kassedycf.kassed Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello to all It administrators

I'm working on a small parc with 50 machines all the computers work on windows xp sp2 and a serverwho turns on windows 2003 standart edition R2.

When i go to the server machine when i tape my password , i'm inside and i can do all my tasks managing user accounts , printer etc.

The problem is when i go to user machine , when loggin as domain administrator with the correct password i failed. I've written down the password and check it letter by letter ; i've trayed on 6 differents machines idem failed to connect on user machine as domaine administrator.

The second problem is on my machine , when doing start > execute > mstsc.exe *is* Remote Desktop Connection " the remote connection on the server is activated " , i put the ip off server and enter the correct password i get an error message that it might be a problem with password or domaine etcc.

Please help ASAp
icon_confused.gif

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    What is the specific error you get when you try to log in to the client machines?

Is there a GPO that specifies which machines this account can log on to?
  • Options
    There is no GPO , on the parc

On users machines , i can not get in as domain administrator to install soft or repair something

I can not use my admin password to get inside the user machine , but i'm sure that the password is true because when trying it on the server i can get inside the server and makes changes
  • Options
    rbutturinirbutturini Member Posts: 123
    It's hard to say without knowing the exact error you are getting, but is DNS configured correctly on the client machines? That would be the first thing I check.
  • Options
    let me explain you

- all users are in Domain
    - Dns is working correctly
    - all user can connect to the network easily

my problm is for example : we have a plotter and i need to install it on the user machine , i think that i must log off the user session and log on as administrator than i go to the specific folder for drivers and i install it , after that i close my session then reboot machine.
    When user will log on he will use the plotter . Am i right ?

so when i try to use the administrator login / password i failed to log in the message " may be an error on the login name or password , be sure of information and try to log on "

But i'm sure for the password , because when i go to the server machine i can use it to log inside the server , also i've write it down many times and is the same
  • Options
    rowantreerowantree Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi,

The reason why you cannot enter the password correctly might be something as simple as the keyboard not being set to the correct language, or the CAPS lock or NUM lock might be on.
  • Options
    sprkymrksprkymrk Member Posts: 4,884 ■■■□□□□□□□
    When you log on to the users machine as a domain admin, make sure you log on to the domain and not the local machine.

Or you could make your user account (or a second user account like ycf.kassed.da) a member of the domain administrator group, then try logging on to the users computer with your user account.

In reality, for security reasons, you shouldn't really use a domain admin account to log on to the users computer, you should create a group like "HelpDesk", then make that group a member of all workstations local administrators group. Add your user account (or a second user account like ycf.kassed.hd) to the HelpDesk group.
    All things are possible, only believe.