Options

Passed 70-649!

I took this one today with a pass. My scores were 850 on the 70-643, 812 on the 70-642, and 820 on the 70-640.

This test did not seem extremely difficult. I prepared using the syngress book and Transcender. These materials focused on IIS, NAP, and Terminal Services. I would recommend supplementing these study materials with some WSUS stuff. Also know the new Active Directory Stuff.

Next up is 647 in a week.

John

Work In Progress: BSCI, Sharepoint

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Nice job.

So do you have to get over 700 in each section to pass or is it your average? Was there a lot of questions since it covered so many topics, or was it a typical MS exam?
  • Options
    cnfuzzdcnfuzzd Member Posts: 208
    dynamik wrote:
    Nice job.

So do you have to get over 700 in each section to pass or is it your average? Was there a lot of questions since it covered so many topics, or was it a typical MS exam?

RE:Scoring- I am not sure. You know how the test print outs have different testing components? This one has three components, one for each of the exams covered in the upgrade, so I am assuming your final score is averaged from the three components. However, the printout also has a section in the upper left hand corner where it lists the score breakdown for each test. Strange

RE:Format- there were, uhm, 48 questions in three sections. I presume that each section corresponded to an exam component. The question division was something like 19/20/9. Also, the duration of this exam was only 96 minutes. No sims, mostly multiple choice.

John

Work In Progress: BSCI, Sharepoint
  • Options
    StarkeStarke Member Posts: 86 ■■□□□□□□□□
    FYI it takes the section with the lowest score as your highest grade. If you fail any section you fail the test.

Congrats on the pass. You took the 70-297 and the 70-649 on the same day, if so that's pretty impressive.
    MCSA: Windows Server 2012 - MCITP (SA, EA, EMA) - CCA (XD4, XD5, XS5, XS6) - VCP 4
  • Options
    preecypreecy Member Posts: 66 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass ;)
    Let me know how you find 70-647 in comparison to 70-649?
    I found 70-649 quite hard and now cant motivate myself to study for 70-647!
    next up SharePoint... what's that all about!